Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

Is this still true?

Edited by grim22

Well, the studio supposedly wants 8, 9 and 10.  I’ll be 50.  Even if 7 were to [tank], there’s at least an 8.  That’s a guarantee.  The thing that’s pretty crazy is that neither Vin nor I were going back to do the third one.  They were going to do a direct-to-video 4.  They were going to dispose it and be done with it.  But then, Vin was like, “No, I’ll come in for a cameo,” because it wasn’t testing well.  He wanted to set up the fourth one and the studio went for it, and we got a second life.  It was supposed to be done already. 

http://collider.com/fast-furious-7-8-paul-walker-interview/

They'd be better served ending it at nine, thus completing the third trilogy. I mean, how many people can they go up against before Liam Neeson as the big final bad? Or who could possibly be a greater threat than Neeson?

Just to clarify, Neeson is not confirmed. It's just who I want. :lol:

Edited by Jay Beezy

Kurt Russell: Why Yes to Fast 7/8; No on Expendables 3
That's going to be interesting. Because the character has been purposely been treated in a certain way so that he can or can't. The 'can' will be an interesting stretch. It works, because I understand what it is and we came up with it. It's like, 'Oh, wow! That's cool!' If he doesn't, then he doesn't. If he gets killed, he gets killed. That will be for them to determine. I just wanted to be able to work with them making the best possible character to either be sad he doesn't move on or say, 'Yeah, I want this character to move on -- we need this character to move on.' That sort of thing. I don't know what the situation, with Paul dying, does to that. I don't know.

Connected more to Dom than Brian.