Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

2,645 posts in this topic

What will happen to his Bourne movie since Matt Damon is coming back?

Cancelled?

Lin should pick Fast. Fast would pay him way more since he is a returning director, and I imagine he is very comfortable with the cast by now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Universal gives Fast 8 to Lin as a consolation prize for having put Aaron Cross 2 on indefinite hiatus.

Edited by TServo2049

Making Fast 8 and Fast 9 the final films would be a good send off. Vin did a great job reviving the franchise. Maybe have Fast 8 in April 2017 then Fast 9 the year after.

Edited by Jonwo

Well, it could also be a Matrix/Pirates situation, where 8 and 9 are one long story and not 8.1 and 8.2. In which case we blame...Robert Zemeckis for starting the whole idea with Back to the Future?

Edited by TServo2049
2 people like this

Well, it could also be a Matrix/Pirates situation, where 8 and 9 are one long story and not 8.1 and 8.2. In which case we blame...Robert Zemeckis for starting the whole idea with Back to the Future?

Godfather, Superman, 3/4 Musketeers.

Now that Justin Lin is directing Star Trek 3, hopefully that means James Wan will return.

Now that Justin Lin is directing Star Trek 3, hopefully that means James Wan will return.

Could be for 2018.

They should stop giving the number and come up with titles.

They should stop giving the number and come up with titles.

I was hoping they'd call one "Only the Fast, Only the Furious", as a legit title, not a joke one. I think it's a befitting title.

But truthfully, there's a part of me that also dislikes subtitles as well. I guess generally there's too much repetitiveness among them: "Age of..." "Return of..." "Rise of..." "Revenge of...". How many more of those do we need?

Edited by Jay Beezy

The weekend prior to Easter weekend is The Flash  not that it would be big, but would hurt it somewhat. Father's Day Weekend against Untitled Pixar if not TS4 or TI2 would be fine and imagine a sub 15% drop on Sunday. :drool:

Edited by Neo

The weekend prior to Easter weekend is The Flash  not that it would be big, but would hurt it somewhat. Father's Day Weekend against Untitled Pixar if not TS4 or TI2 would be fine and imagine a sub 15% drop on Sunday. :drool:

Universal would be insane to put Fast 8 against a Pixar film. It's not going to happen. Stick with Spring 2017 if they fast track it or Memorial Day 2018

I was hoping they'd call one "Only the Fast, Only the Furious", as a legit title, not a joke one. I think it's a befitting title.

But truthfully, there's a part of me that also dislikes subtitles as well. I guess generally there's too much repetitiveness among them: "Age of..." "Return of..." "Rise of..." "Revenge of...". How many more of those do we need?

Only the Fast would be a great title for the final film,

Universal would be insane to put Fast 8 against a Pixar film. It's not going to happen. Stick with Spring 2017 if they fast track it or Memorial Day 2018

Only the Fast would be a great title for the final film,

Like I said if its not TI2 or TS4 would be fine. If its something like Cars 3 no problem. Spring 2017 is already stacked and Easter is taken. Memorial against Lego Batman and IJV has a good shot for that date.