Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

Ugh, I don't want a Deckard Shaw team-up with Hobbs and the rest of the crew. Why can't a bad-ass villain STAY a bad-ass villain? 

It's actually an annoying theme with this whole franchise: antagonist or opposing character ultimately decides the crew is too cool to hate or fight against so instead he joins them.

Edited by JB33

28 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Ugh, I don't want a Deckard Shaw team-up with Hobbs and the rest of the crew. Why can't a bad-ass villain STAY a bad-ass villain? 

It's actually an annoying theme with this whole franchise: antagonist or opposing character ultimately decides the crew is too cool to hate or fight against so instead he joins them.

Unless there's some endgame for Deckard Shaw. Helen Mirren should be involved as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Deckard killed Han. Deckard is irredeemable, and will never be a good guy. Hobbs will be proven right by the end of the film. They never should have let Deckard out of his cage.

48 minutes ago, SophieSlut said:

Deckard killed Han. Deckard is irredeemable, and will never be a good guy. Hobbs will be proven right by the end of the film. They never should have let Deckard out of his cage.

We're still waiting on how Helen Mirren fits into the equation. I mean, we should all be able to see that she's going to be the matriarch.

In defense of Deckard Shaw, though, Dom killed Owen first. And to paraphrase what Simon Gruber once said, "There's a difference between not liking your brother and not caring when some big bald flatfoot throws him out of a plane." ;)

And put it this way, Deckard and Dom, the guy who directly killed his brother, are still on opposite sides.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

We're still waiting on how Helen Mirren fits into the equation. I mean, we should all be able to see that she's going to be the matriarch.

In defense of Deckard Shaw, though, Dom killed Owen first. And to paraphrase what Simon Gruber once said, "There's a difference between not liking your brother and not caring when some big bald flatfoot throws him out of a plane." ;)

And put it this way, Deckard and Dom, the guy who directly killed his brother, are still on opposite sides.

No matter what the truth is, it's gonna be cheesy as hell and it is gonna, hopefully, be fun!

31 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Owen isn't dead though. He's in a coma and knowing this franchise, he will be instantly cured. 

1 hour ago, Jay Beezy said:

Tidbit. Furious 7 held its first screening at the SXSW secret night screening in 2015. The SXSW secret night screening this year is this Sunday, so we *might* find out about it after Sunday.

Let me tell you how much fun that was!  Probably one of the reasons I seem to like 7 more than most.