A Marvel Fanboy

Thor 2 OS Over 400M Club

Yeah, sure. You're the one making impossible clubs and you call DC fanboys crazy. It's really funny how you make a hypocrite of yourself.

So you are still in the Marvel-resist mode.  After all these ...

There is a Thor 2 Over DoS WW club, which is probably even little bolder than this one.

Edited by firedeep

So you are still in the Marvel-resist mode.  After all these ...

There is a Thor 2 Over DoS WW club, which is probably even little bolder than this one.

Yeah, I'm out of that one too. It's just that the fanboys from every Studio/Brand/Franchise tend to over estimate every single movie, and this is one of those cases. Yeah, Iron Man 3 increased, good for it, but to expect a over 150% increase ONLY OS from Thor 2 is way too much.

I'm not a Marvel resist... I'm a realist. I predicted 400M for Iron Man (I was actually the one to create one of the first clubs for Iron Man 3 over 400M), but I don't see Thor getting NOWHERE near as close to the increase Iron Man 3 had.

Thor fanboys don't seem to realize that the first Thor was already in 3D (so no 3D novelty) and Robert Downey Jr/Iron Man is still by far the most popular character (before you attack me with the whole "Iron MAn and Friends" things, I have never said Iron Man was the only reason for Avengers being gigantic but that doesn't change the fact that he is still the most popular character)

• Like 2

Thor fanboys don't seem to realize that the first Thor was already in 3D (so no 3D novelty) and Robert Downey Jr/Iron Man is still by far the most popular character (before you attack me with the whole "Iron MAn and Friends" things, I have never said Iron Man was the only reason for Avengers being gigantic but that doesn't change the fact that he is still the most popular character)

That is why Thor 2 is not making 1.2B WW and 400M DOM. Instead, 300m/700m.

Back in 2011 with Thor, sure, there was 3D. So what ?

IM3 increased 490M with 3D from IM2. Thor 2 can do similarly with a little bigger boost.

Not quite. IM1 and Thor 1 had more or less the same gross OS not until TA came into the picture that IM faulted into upper tier SH and same will happen to Thor. Thor was much bigger in Europe compared to IM1 so there is room compared to IM3 and with the TA effect & holidays 700M is a strong possibility. TA was never IM and friends, it was always a truly team effort. Thor and Loki are much more popular now and Marvel name brand is as well, sky is the limit and you'll see it in November.  ;)  :P  :D

• Like 2

Not quite. IM1 and Thor 1 had more or less the same gross OS not until TA came into the picture that IM faulted into upper tier SH and same will happen to Thor. Thor was much bigger in Europe compared to IM1 so there is room compared to IM3 and with the TA effect & holidays 700M is a strong possibility. TA was never IM and friends, it was always a truly team effort. Thor and Loki are much more popular now and Marvel name brand is as well, sky is the limit and you'll see it in November. ;):P:D

Thor performed pretty well in Europe, I hope we'll be in for some healthy increases.For some reason, Thor didn't do as well in Latin America. IIRC, Thor did less than Cap over there even though Cap had bigger competitions and less appeal. I think with the exposure every one got in TA, and the popularity of The Avengers in South America, we'll see very good improvement for Thor in those territories.TDW should be able to withstand and do better than CF in many Asian territories.I think it'll have the one advantage that IM3 also enjoyed: first true big blockbuster in months. Is that right or did I forgot any other big movies before it?
  • Like 1

I think it'll have the one advantage that IM3 also enjoyed: first true big blockbuster in months. Is that right or did I forgot any other big movies before it?

True, unless Ender's Game breaks out.

Not quite. IM1 and Thor 1 had more or less the same gross OS not until TA came into the picture that IM faulted into upper tier SH and same will happen to Thor. Thor was much bigger in Europe compared to IM1 so there is room compared to IM3 and with the TA effect & holidays 700M is a strong possibility. TA was never IM and friends, it was always a truly team effort. Thor and Loki are much more popular now and Marvel name brand is as well, sky is the limit and you'll see it in November.  ;)  :P  :D

This.

In fact, I insist, IM2, the sequel to the most recognizable character of Marvel Universe, just increased 45 million OS from first part. That is a very shy increase having into account RDJ appealing. TA was the real factor of increase for IM3, not RDJ appealing. He had a previous sequel to do it and he could not do it in spite of the good acceptance of the first movie.

Said this, I consider 700 a very risky bet. Even, I am not sure this can reach 600, but 500, even 550 looks reachable. That is a 100% increase in contrast to 160% of IM3. I am out of this club, but with Marvel, never say never...