A Marvel Fanboy

NOW YOU SEE ME 2 | June 10, 2016 | New Trailer on Page 17

Lionsgate: 'Now You See Me' Sequel In The Works

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lionsgate-you-see-me-sequel-603452?

The mini-studio confirmed a second movie is being planned after the international box office grosses for the summer sleeper hit surpassed its domestic take.

TORONTO -- Lionsgate is working on a sequel to the Summit Entertainment hit movie Now You See Me.

• Like 1

As the magician heist film continues to outperform more pricey tentpoles at the international box office, Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer told analysts Friday that production on the sequel is penciled in for 2014.

Feltheimer predicted Louis Leterrier's caper-thriller will reach the $275 million mark in worldwide box office grosses.

Now You See Me has so far pulled in $115.6 million since its Memorial Day weekend debut, and $119.3 million at the international box office to date.

Internationally, the sleeper hit has yet to open in China, Australia and Japan.

The mid-price comedy thriller sees Jesse Eisenberg, Isla Fisher, Dave Franco and Woody Harrelson play gifted magicians drawn into a bank robbery.

Lionsgate is projecting that the international take for the Summit film will exceed $150 million.

Edited by firedeep

I hope they continue with the story about how Caine's character got duped. 

Great news.  I hope they don't add too many new people. I like the cast just the way it is.

they'll add Bennnnnn!

+they better have Caine & Freeman back

• Like 1