Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Any predictions for Besharam?  Looks stupid IMO, but also looks like the kind of film that'll be lapped up and I've gotten used to the fact that RK looks impressive in any film he does at this point.

I think the general public really wants to go to the cinema to escape from the terrible news which comes out daily. "Besharam" will definitely benefit from that.

Also, Ranbir Kapoor acting with his parents in the same movie will cause people to check it out. Unless it is horribly bad (doubtful, since RK is one of the few actors who hasn't been in a truly horrible movie apart from his debut), it should easily cross 100 Crores.

I think the general public really wants to go to the cinema to escape from the terrible news which comes out daily. "Besharam" will definitely benefit from that.

Also, Ranbir Kapoor acting with his parents in the same movie will cause people to check it out. Unless it is horribly bad (doubtful, since RK is one of the few actors who hasn't been in a truly horrible movie apart from his debut), it should easily cross 100 Crores.

Haha, Saawariya's actually one of my favorite films.

Edited by spizzer

Business Touching 2000 Crore In First Three Quarters

Thurssday 26th September 2013 09.30 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

The business of Hindi films in the domestic marked has neared the 2000 crore nett mark in the first three quarters. The equivalent business last year was 1725 crore which is an increase of around 15%.

The last quarter in 2012 was a slight downer despite adding 650 crore as films like Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Talaash and Khiladi 786 did not live up to expectations. The line up for the last quarter this year is just phenomenal and 1000 crore can easily be added in last three months. The comparison over the first three quarters in 2012 and 2013 is as follows. (No dubbed films included, only Hindi and Hinglish)

2012 - 1725 crore (119 releases)

2013 - 1975 crore (126 releases)

The final total in 2012 went to 2375 crore with 165 releases. The multiplex and digital revolution started in 2006 and in that year the collections were 925 crore nett. The business has increased three fold over the last seven years.

http://boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=6099&nCat=

Top Screen Counts 2013

Thursday 26th September 2013 10.30 IST

The big budget films are looking to touch 4000 screens on release now. The 1000 screen mark was first hit in 2006. It is nearly a four fold increase over the last seven years. The highest screen counts for 2013 are as follows.

1. Chennai Express - 3700

3. Race 2 - 3200

2. Himmatwala - 3150

4. Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani - 3100

5. Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Dobaara - 2300

6. Shootout At Wadala - 2,200

7. Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - 2,100

8. Grand Masti - 2,100

9. Zanjeer - 2,075

10. Phata Poster Nikhla Hero - 1900

http://boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=6100&nCat=

Besharam To Have Second Widest Release Of All Time

Tuesday 1st October 2013 11.30 IST

Besharam is set for the widest release of all time after Chennai Express. It will be Ranbir Kapoor's widest release easily crossing the 3100 screens of Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.

Chennai Express had released on 3700 screens and Besharam will fall short of that due to less screens in the South. Chennai Express had a phenomenal release in the South as there was no major Tamil or Telugu release at the time so Chennai Express got a release where normally Hindi films don't get a release as exhibitors needed a new film for Eid weekend. In Tamil Nadu/Kerala, Chennai express was released on nearly 175 screens when most other big films come on less than 100 screens. It was a similar story in Nizam/Andhra and Mysore and its because of the release that Chennai Express has smashed records in these areas by such huge margins.

Besharam will release on around 3500 plus screens with the 200 screen shortfall coming down South. The advances are good for the film all over be it multiplexes or single screens but with such a wide release advances don't really matter as the key is can it keep up the pace all through the day and how big is that second day fall as it is a Wednesday release. Dabangg 2 is the second widest release at the moment with 3450 screens which Besharam should surpass when it releases tomorrow (Wednesday).

http://boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=6116&nCat=

Besharam Has Excellent Start

Wednesday 2nd October 2013 11.30 IST

Besharam took a flying start with multiplexes recording 90% occupancies on average over the first two shows. The opening in Delhi NCR was extraordinary and as big as any film with collections 100% at most theatres.

If we compare with record openers like Chennai Express and Ek Tha Tiger than the opening is comparable in the big cities but as the city gets smaller there is a gap between Besharam and those films. This is also indicates that when the noon show starts at single screens it will be less than those films.

The single screens will still be huge but not at the level of Ek Tha Tiger or Chennai Express as although the film has more commercial ingredients than the regular Ranbir Kapoor film, the promos do indicate a Rom-Com rather than action or masala film.

The release for the film is huge and if it gets that 80% start at single screens and keeps the pace going at multiplexes then the first day total could go to around 25 crore nett. The chances are there with it being a holiday as long as public reports don't disappoint.

http://boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=6117&nCat=

Following are the BIG releases yet to come this year:

Oct 16 - Boss (Akshay)

Nov 1 - Krrish 3

Nov 15 - Ram Leela

Nov 22 - Gori Tere Pyar Mein

Nov 29 - Bullett Raja

Dec 6 - R.Rajkumar

Dec 20 - DHOOM 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Following are the BIG releases yet to come this year:

Oct 16 - Boss (Akshay)

Nov 1 - Krrish 3

Nov 15 - Ram Leela

Nov 22 - Gori Tere Pyar Mein

Nov 29 - Bullett Raja

Dec 6 - R.Rajkumar

Dec 20 - DHOOM 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Ram Leela will open well, but if it is anything like Bhansali's previous over-indulgent movies, it will fall fast. Gori Tere Pyar Mein looks good, but watching the trailer made me feel like I watched the whole movie.

Krrish 3 and Dhoom 3 are the obvious biggies. Both should come close to or exceed 200Cr.

I think Ram Leela will open well, but if it is anything like Bhansali's previous over-indulgent movies, it will fall fast. Gori Tere Pyar Mein looks good, but watching the trailer made me feel like I watched the whole movie.

Krrish 3 and Dhoom 3 are the obvious biggies. Both should come close to or exceed 200Cr.

I think Ram Leela will come close to 80/90 cr with star power of Deepika Padukone, she is undoubtedly #1 right now.  

Gori Tere Pyar Mein will short of Ram Leela, Imran Khan and Kareena Kapoor both have decent fan following the movie itself won't run at all in single screens. It will collect more than Ek Main Aur Ek Tuu, which is good for Dharma. 

Krrish 3 I feel won't even come close to 200 cr, simply because of content. Yes, I think it's going to be a bad movie overall, and will follow the route of Ra.One where the film works because of star power, but WOM is mixed/bad so it doesn't sustain. Krrish 3 music album doesn't have a single good song in my opinion. 

Dhoom 3 will cross 200 cr for sure, if YJHD can hit 195 cr then a Aamir-Katrina starrer will go 200 cr +. In January there are no big releases, apart from Salman's Jai Ho coming on the 24th, so D3 will have a free run. Content, WOM and repeat value will decided whether D3 collections will cross Chennai Express or not. 

Krrish 3 Has Solid Advances

Wednesday 30th October 2013 09.30 IST

Krissh 3 has seen solid advances all over the country be it single screens or multiplexes. The advance for the film opened over two weeks ago at some theatres but it was the weekend when it really got going.

The film recorded the best business over the weekend gone by despite not being released. The multiplexes where advance was open recorded better figures than the new release Mickey vVrus, if a multiplex collected 2 lakhs over the weekend for Mickey Virus then collections in advance for Krrish 3 were more.

The film would have recorded 7-8 crore nett in sales over the weekend with that figure probably going to over 10 crore nett by the end of business on Tuesday but with a potential 40 crore nett plus capacity each day the advance figures are of little importance in the bigger scheme of things.

The film will be releasing right in the middle of pre-Diwali festivities which make sure the initial weekend will be lower than what could have been achieved on a normal weekend. Monday being the biggest holiday of the year will most important day for the film and to take full advantage of the day will all dependent on the public reports of the film.

http://boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=6190&nCat=