rukaio101

The Anime Thread- Summer 2015

Ok, I finished Danmachi, Watamote and Eureka Seven (I haven't seen the movie yet)

Danmachi is an okayish enjoyable little show, ceirtanly way better than SAO in terms of the Isekai genre. Hestia is the standout for me, though, she's hilarious as fuck. 7.2/10

Watamote stroke a chord on me. Mokocchi was just like me so I everytime she was on an embarrasing situation it hit very close to home. There may be not much character progression but introvert people don't come out of their shell that quickly so I admire that  aspect of the show a lot. I've been reading the manga too and it gets way more epic after the anime ends, thats why I need a second season animated because there are some scenes that I really need to see in motion because they're so epically great. Oh and the opening and ending are out of this world. It's on my phone now. Watamote is now in my Top 5 favorite anime. 9.5/10

And Eureka Seven. It's the happier version of Evangelion. Great animation cosidering it's a 12 year old show. Characters like Eureka, Renton, Talho and Holland are fantastic. Soundtrack is amazing. Despite some glaring problems like the pacing, the lack of development in the Anemone character and those annoying kids, it's an overall great show whose strenghts overshadow the weaknesses. I haven't watched the movie yet but I refuse to watch the sequel AO because of the bad reception it got. 8.1/10

I'm watching Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress and then Nozaki-Kun and Bakuman are up next.

Edited by Boxx93
  • Like 1

Just got back from seeing "In This Corner of the World". I can see why the Japanese academy picked it over Your Name, and wouldn't be surprised if it bags an Oscar nomination next year. It's a very sweet film, especially for something that doesn't shy away from, and shows the consequences of such a horrific period of human history. 

• Like 1

Tsuki ga Kirei possibly anime of the spring season (excluding sequels). Still behind on a bunch of stuff so cant say for sure yet. Ill have my rankings out early next week.

On 29/06/2017 at 2:19 AM, Wildfire said:

Just watched the anime movie Blame!  wow what a damn good film ...it caught my attention from the start and just got better from there,really stoked to know a sequel is already on the way..

Thought that movie was pretty dope cyberpunk. Had no idea sequel was greenlight, source?

On 29/06/2017 at 5:34 AM, SchumacherFTW said:

Just got back from seeing "In This Corner of the World". I can see why the Japanese academy picked it over Your Name, and wouldn't be surprised if it bags an Oscar nomination next year. It's a very sweet film, especially for something that doesn't shy away from, and shows the consequences of such a horrific period of human history. 

Still yet to see it. Has not been available but sure I will like it because MAPPA is my favorite studio at the moment (everything they do is golden these days). They seem to be getting more work after success of this film and Yuri on Ice. 

Edited by eXtacy

Seasonal Rankings Spring, sequels in bold

1. Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul

2. My Hero Academia

3. WorldEnd

4. Tsuki ga Kirei

5. Attack on Titan Season 2

6. Sukara Quest

7. Quanzhi Gaoshou

8. Saenai Heroine
9. Re:Creators

10. Seikaisuru Kado

11. Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records

12. Eromanga-sensei

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Super Robertman2 Odyssey said:

Eromanga-Sensei is one of the worst anime I have seen. Makes Fairy Tale or Sword Art Online look like Evangelion or Ghost in the Shell.

Fairy Tail is great and you know it :P

1 hour ago, Super Robertman2 Odyssey said:

Eromanga-Sensei is one of the worst anime I have seen. Makes Fairy Tale or Sword Art Online look like Evangelion or Ghost in the Shell.

And its selling like hotcakes in Japan, they love their imouto's. I don't think its a bad show just a very morally corrupt one.

Also Fairy Tail is great!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super Robertman2 Odyssey said:

Nope. It's less of an anime, and more like a bad parody of an anime.

FT is obviously flawed and they're going way too far with this power of friendship but I love the characters and fights 👍👍👍

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

FT is obviously flawed and they're going way too far with this power of friendship but I love the characters and fights 👍👍👍

Natsu is a fucking boss, but Gajeel is the coolest dragon slayer. Especially when he has a guitar ;)

• Like 1

Summer 2017 Debuts

1. Made in Abyss

2. Welcome to the Ballroom

3. Princess Principal

4. Knights and Magic

5. Compulsive Gambler

6. Fate Apocrypha

7. Restaurant to Another World

8. Altair: A Record of Battles

9. Katsugeki Touken Ranbu

10. Love and Lies

Made in Abyss is breathtaking. It has been a very long while since I was this excited about an anime after a single episode. Check it out

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 2

On 7/7/2017 at 11:14 PM, Boxx93 said:

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress has some of the coolest action scenes I have ever seen in anime. I want a second season now.

Same for Nozaki kun. That shit's hilarious. Love it.

Kabaneri is gorgeous and the premise had a lot of potential, but the back half really let me down. I'm definitely interested in a sequel, though. I wonder where Wit is going to fit it in their schedule.

17 hours ago, eXtacy said:

Made in Abyss is breathtaking. It has been a very long while since I was this excited about an anime after a single episode. Check it out

Made in Abyss and Princess Principal are both off to really good starts. I really wish Netflix didn't have Apocrypha. Everything else I'm watching is continuing from the spring (yay for more than 12 episode seasons!).

On 7/24/2017 at 10:25 PM, SchumacherFTW said:

My copy of Your Name just got dispatched from Japan, insanely psyched for that arriving soon. 

Also finally got around to watching The Wind Rises, a good film, but it ends really awkwardly IMO, something that's happened in a few of Miyazaki's movies before tbh. 

Guess what Im watching right now :D