rukaio101

The Anime Thread- Summer 2015

Since I finished the last one I've been trying to look for something new that would be as good as that one. I tried to watch The Civilization Destroyer (or something like that) and watched most of it, but failed to watch the last two episodes.

The last anime I watched and really loved was Kokoro Connect. The first few episodes were quite brilliant, but they got weaker with time.

Finished Gosick a few hours ago. Very entertaining anime. Could've used more on the Mystery part but overall it was a very good one. The last episode is by far the best one in the series.

I disliked Gosick a lot when I saw it, I don't exactly remember why, I think I felt the blonde girl was solving misteries just based on her intuition... and she was always annoyingly right. I dropped it on episode 7.

Anyway, I pretty much gave up on OreImo 2nd season, don't know if I'm gonna get back to it. Meanwhile, I'm halfway through Free! and Gin no Saiji, nothing amazing but they are both nice.

What about Kill la Kill, by the way? I'm really enjoying the second half and I can't get enough of the OST.

I feel like I really probably ought to try and get back into Kill la Kill. I ended up dropping it after episode 7, because that episode was really annoying (mostly because I can't stand Mako's family). I've heard from friends that it gets better much later on, but I just can't drum up enough interest to get me to start watching again. Admittedly, that didn't stop me from watching the hell out of the 2nd opening, which looked just awesome, but still. Maybe I can find a weekend to mass binge it, but for now I'm satisfied with Log Horizon, Space Dandy and Noragami.

Speaking of Log Horizon, it ends next week and I already get the feeling I'm really going to miss it.... Irritatingly, I'm not likely to get a second season until the director Ishihira finishes with the new Fairy Tail anime. (As if I need another reason to hate that damn series.)

I was looking for some stuff to watch, but I wasn't very interested in Log Horizon because it looked too RPG-ish for my taste and I'm not in a mood for magical adventures (I judged based on pictures only lol). I started Gin no Saiji this week, and as soon as I finish, I'm gonna start Kyousougiga and Golden Time.

I really do think you should get back to KLK, I can't guarantee you'll like it since you've already watched enough to formulate an opinion about the anime art, humour and style, but there is so much yet to happen that I think you should give it a try.

Plus, you get to see Nonon.

Posted Image

I was looking for some stuff to watch, but I wasn't very interested in Log Horizon because it looked too RPG-ish for my taste and I'm not in a mood for magical adventures (I judged based on pictures only lol). 

I can see why you'd judge that based on pictures, but Log Horizon is much more of a world building series mixed with some heavy political elements. Sure, there's also quite a bit of action, but that tends to take a backseat to exploring various interesting issues involved with being trapped in an MMORPG, like respawning and the now sentient AI.

Admittedly, if you're really turned off by fantasy/RPG series then you're probably going to struggle to get into it, and it's not got the strongest opening episode, but it's really been one of the big surprises for me this season.

Anyway, in anime news, a second season of Durarara has been announced! Hurrah!!!

On the other hand, The World God Only Knows manga is finishing. Hurroo. (Why is it never Fairy Tail...?)

Also figured, since the Spring Season is approaching, I'd post a chart with the new anime releases

Posted Image

At the moment, the only series I know I'm watching for certain is Mushishi: Zoku Shou. I'm planning on watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure as well but, since I've already read the manga (which I absolutely adored), I may end up dropping it if it doesn't do enough different, like I did AoT. I'm also planning on at least watching the first episode of Disk Wars: Avengers because that premise..... Seriously, what the fuck....

At the moment, the only series I know I'm watching for certain is Mushishi: Zoku Shou. I'm planning on watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure as well but, since I've already read the manga (which I absolutely adored), I may end up dropping it if it doesn't do enough different, like I did AoT. I'm also planning on at least watching the first episode of Disk Wars: Avengers because that premise..... Seriously, what the fuck....

I never saw Mushishi nor Jojo, so I'll pass these two. Avengers look bad, Marvel Anime pretty much suck, X-Men was just ok and I couldn't get past the first episode of Iron Man.

I'm probably gonna watch Ishuukan Friends and maybe one of the sports anime. After I finished Free! I wanted to start something sports-themed, I wanted some anime about baseball, but apparently they are very long or have so many seasons. Now I have 4 options, but I don't really know which one to choose.

I must admit I don't care much about Durarara!!, I'm a huge Baccano! fan, so I was really hyped when Durarara was announced, but I felt it missed the mark, all my friends loved it but I though it was just "fine". I'm definitely watching the 2nd season, but I really believe I should rewatch the first one before.

Recently started watching Fairy Tail. Despite starting out as a comedy, it has quite some welcome drama. I like it.

Posted Image

Sorry, I'm really not fond of Fairy Tail. And I'm talking MoS levels of 'not fond'. It started out well enough, but over the years the characters have become flat annoyances who only win their fights through Ass Pulls, the fanservice has gotten the the point of ridiculousness and overall it's just become really painful to read (Chapter 322 of FT is my most hated chapter of any manga I've ever read). Then again, as you've probably guessed, I read the manga rather than watching the anime, so it's plausible that the anime fixed any problems I have with it. But I kinda doubt it.

If you're going to follow one of the big long-runner series, go for One Piece instead. Admittedly, it doesn't have as strong as a start as Fairy Tail (although it's far from bad) and it takes a while to really get going (it really hits its stride around the Arlong Park arc) but once it does it is one of the best series out there, bar none. Early Fairy Tail mostly rips off One Piece anyway.

• Like 1

Okay, the Spring Season is starting up and the first few episodes of various series are starting to trickle through. I've watched the first episodes of Mushishi Zoku Shou, JJBA and Captain Earth (unrelated to Captain Planet) and I have would have watched the first episode of Disk Wars: Avengers if it wasn't for the fact that (for whatever unimaginable reason) none of the fansub groups have bothered translating it yet.

Mushishi Zoku Shou's first ep managed to perfectly capture the same feeling of the first series, which was something I'd kinda worried about, so I'm really happy with it. Also, damned if that opening isn't bizarrely beautiful. Sure it's no 'Sore Feet Song' but it's pretty close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0DegEdeCLs

JJBA's was pretty much just like the original manga (albeit with some added stuff) but the animation is much better and I love the original manga so I'll keep watching. I'm not entirely sure whether I'll last the season though, since I was watching AoT for the much improved art and I never made it through that.

Captain Earth I started because I heard it was done by the same team as Star Driver, which I really enjoyed because the animation looked awesome and had fantastic music, even if it did seem pretty incomprehensible at times. Similarly, I enjoyed Captain Earth because the animation looked pretty damned good and the music was also pretty, although it was still really incomprehensible when the plot started going. So basically, it's Star Driver-lite. That said, it's still enjoyable enough to watch and it may well end up coming into its own in the upcoming episodes.

I may watch Black Bullet when it comes out, even if does appear to be ripping off the premise to Attack on Titan, and any series that catches my attention

I still haven't started any anime from this season, I'll try to do it next week. I saw some movies this month, though:

- Madoka Magica part I, II and III

- Wolf Children

- Colorful

- Hal

You've never seen Madoka, right, Rukaio? You really should give it a try, you could just watch the first 2 movies since they are recaps of the tv series. It's definitely one of the best anime I've ever seen. The Wolf Children was also great (I know you love this one), but The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is still my favorite Mamoru Hosoda movie. It's nice to see great non-Ghibli animators emerge on the market, mainly now that we lost Satoshi Kon, I don't know why it took me so much time to watch this one. Do you know if it was submitted for the Oscars? Because it definitely deserved a nomination.

Colorful was really good, but Hal was kinda disappointing, boring and overly dramatic.

Edited by JohnnY

I still haven't started any anime from this season, I'll try to do it next week. I saw some movies this month, though:

- Madoka Magica part I, II and III

- Wolf Children

- Colorful

- Hal

You've never seen Madoka, right, Rukaio? You really should give it a try, you could just watch the first 2 movies since they are recaps of the tv series. It's definitely one of the best anime I've ever seen. The Wolf Children was also great (I know you love this one), but The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is still my favorite Mamoru Hosoda movie. It's nice to see great non-Ghibli animators emerge on the market, mainly now that we lost Satoshi Kon, I don't know why it took me so much time to watch this one. Do you know if it was submitted for the Oscars? Because it definitely deserved a nomination.

Colorful was really good, but Hal was kinda disappointing, boring and overly dramatic.

I binged through Madoka a few months ago. It was absolutely fantastic, just like everyone's been saying. I'll admit I've never been the biggest fan of 'recap movies' which a lot of anime seem to do (except for the TTGL movies) and I watched half of the third movie, but had to give up when my fansub bizarrely turned to German and I couldn't find a replacement. There are probably better ones out now, so I probably should finish it some time.

Oddly enough, having googled it, Wolf Children wasn't submitted for the 2012 or 2013 oscars. Shame too, because it obviously deserved a nom in either year and considering the line-up and eventual winner for 2012, it probably should've won that one.

Crossed the 100th episode of Fairy Tail today

Posted Image

On an unrelated note, I finally found a fansub for Disk Wars: Avengers! Unfortunately, the show's not very good. But for some bizarre reason I keep watching it. I guess it's a guilty pleasure.

I also started watching Black Bullet. At first I thought it was just going to be an AoT ripoff, but it's a lot different (and better) than I was expecting. I especially like the main (so far) villain who reaches that delightful balance of creepy and awesome.

Mushishi, Jojo and Captain Earth are still going pretty strong as well.

Edited by Za Rukaio!
  • Like 1

Just watched the first episode of Steins Gate.

Pretty interesting first episode. Should I keep watching?

On an unrelated note, I finally found a fansub for Disk Wars: Avengers! Unfortunately, the show's not very good. But for some bizarre reason I keep watching it. I guess it's a guilty pleasure.

Watched episode 2 about a week ago, but haven't found episode 3 yet. But I haven't looked too hard. Is it out there?

Just watched the first episode of Steins Gate.

Pretty interesting first episode. Should I keep watching?

I'll admit I've not seen it myself, but I've heard very good things about it.

Watched episode 2 about a week ago, but haven't found episode 3 yet. But I haven't looked too hard. Is it out there?

I assume it just hasn't been aired/fansubbed yet. Give it a couple of days.