rukaio101

The Anime Thread- Summer 2015

Just finished the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 4 manga. All 19 volumes of it. The only scans I could find of it had horrible translations but damned if that series wasn't frigging awesome anyway.

I actually find the English version better. I think the high emotion and such is harder to relate to him if your reading subs.

It works fine I think, in general, I prefer anime in Japanese with few exceptions (Digimon, post-Mononoke Ghibli films). It's annoying not being able to look away at all though.

Ironically, I was just thinking about reviving this thread since the Summer Anime Season is starting up. Here's the full listing of what's on.

Posted Image

I won't lie, there's very little I'm that interested in this season. Unless one of the series starts getting fantastic reviews or something (like No Game No Life did in Spring), I'm only planning on watching Space Dandy Season 2 and Aldnoah.Zero (because Gen Urobuchi. No other reason is needed.)

Can't wait for Fall though. New Fate Stay Night, A World Trigger adaptation and Season 2 of both Log Horizon and Mushishi Zoku Shou? Yes please.

• Like 1

Is One Piece on Adult Swim?

No idea. I do know websites you can watch it and other anime dubbed or subbed on, or alternately ones you can read fan translated manga (which is usually of equal quality to the regular stuff.) You'll have to PM me for the links though.

On another note, I've just finished watching the second episode of Aldnoah.Zero. My God, this show is good. I'm already counting down the days till episode 3. Like No Game No Life last season and Log Horizon the season before, this is definitely the show I'm going to end up paying the most attention to this season. Also, that score is absolutely fantastic. Between this, Gundam Unicorn and Attack on Titan, Hiroyuki Sawano has quickly become one of my favourite composers. 

I was considering watching Barakamon but I heard it was based on a manga and, since I'm more a manga guy than anime, I decided to check that out instead. Only 25 or so chapters (so far) but it was a nice read and I'll probably follow it when more chapters come out. It's no Yotsuba, but it held my attention.

• Like 1

I wasn't feeling very picky, and the concept for it sounded a little unusual, so last week I watched Rail Wars. It was fair. I watched the second episode this week, and I'll probably watch the third next week. Nothing great, but it's got a little action, a little fan service, and a little romance. It's a little bit interesting. I have no clue how the manga goes, but hopefully upcoming episodes will be a bit more interesting.

Thanks for the recommendation on Aldnoah.Zero. I'll try to check it out. I was wondering about that one and Zankyou No Terror.

I honestly haven't heard about any horrible anime mangas yet. Surprisingly enough.

Believe me, like with every other medium, there are plenty out there.

I just watched the first episode of Guilty Crown. Looks amazing.

I've not watched it but I've heard kinda iffy things about Guilty Crown. Shame, because because it had an amazing opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjUtmbZt8zc

So, among other things, I've been re-watching DragonBall Z, thanks to the magic of the DragonBall Kai versions. I've been enjoying the start to the Buu saga, because I realized that I only watched the original version once.

So anyways, I just watched this week's episode. Holy crap, that was freaking epic! I don't know if there's new music in there or better editing or if the scene works better in Japanese than English, or maybe it was this epic the first time I watched too and I just forgot, but I loved the scene in the arena this week.

Guilty Crown is clearly becoming one of my favorite anime's. Everything is brilliant, especially the score which is amazing. (sounds like something Daft Punk would make)

That's Hiroyuki Sawano for you. I swear, every score that man touches turns to gold. 

Between Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, Gundam Unicorn and Aldnoah.Zero (which I just watched the 4th episode of and is still freaking awesome), he's quickly become one of my favourite composers period.

%3
  • Like 1

That's Hiroyuki Sawano for you. I swear, every score that man touches turns to gold. 

Between Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, Gundam Unicorn and Aldnoah.Zero (which I just watched the 4th episode of and is still freaking awesome), he's quickly become one of my favourite composers period.

%3

I don't remember too much of Attack on Titan (the score that is), but I remember liking it. As for Aldnoah, nothing of the score has caught my attention just yet. I only watched the first two episodes, though.

This soundtrack, though.

Edited by ChD