Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

CJohn

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them | Nov. 18, 2016 | Crosses 800M WW

DAR    29,903

I keep reading it as "Fantastic Breasts and Where to Find Them"

Treasures in Las Vegas

DAR    29,903

I do wonder if this is sort of a back up plan just in case any future DC properties that don't feature Batman/Superman don't take off.

grim22    51,959

I do wonder if this is sort of a back up plan just in case any future DC properties that don't feature Batman/Superman don't take off.

I think this may be the Marvel-Star Wars duo from WB. If they can get the DC properties going and get the HP spinoffs, then they will have their own Summer-Fall movies based on existing properties.

• Like 1

ChD    8,120

Despite Harry/Ron/Hermione missing, this sounds pretty interesting already. Hopefully the movie will turn out as I imagine it.

• Like 1

ChD    8,120

Back up plan? WB is absolutely terrified of making any DC film not featuring Batman now.

They've failed one too many times at that, so it's no surprise.

Shaldun    530

WB could have a DC superhero film out every year if they gave a damn about their comic book properties. DC fans are crying in their Kool-Aid because they wish the studio would spend the time and money developing Wonder Woman and The Flash that it's pouring into obscure Potter films, Hobbits, Godzilla and the like. 

Yes they can. But I think that after B/S they will move toward Justice League (with others solo movies before or after JL). But 2 big franchises are better than one : DC and Harry Potter will do great (they have that from 2008/2011 with TDK and the end of HP books adaptations). Disney has Marvel but they still move forward with Star Wars in the same way (+ Pixar who is a big brand too). They can do 2 tentpoles a year I think ;) and we don't even know the rythm of these HP-spin-offs releases

ChD    8,120

Yes they can. But I think that after B/S they will move toward Justice League (with others solo movies before or after JL). But 2 big franchises are better than one : DC and Harry Potter will do great (they have that from 2008/2011 with TDK and the end of HP books adaptations). Disney has Marvel but they still move forward with Star Wars in the same way (+ Pixar who is a big brand too). They can do 2 tentpoles a year I think ;)and we don't even know the rythm of these HP-spin-offs releases

I really hope that they'll take their time and make the movies better. Quality over quantity, and from what I've noticed, Warner Bros is inclined more towards Quantity when it comes to HP.

grim22    51,959

Yes they can. But I think that after B/S they will move toward Justice League (with others solo movies before or after JL). But 2 big franchises are better than one : DC and Harry Potter will do great (they have that from 2008/2011 with TDK and the end of HP books adaptations). Disney has Marvel but they still move forward with Star Wars in the same way (+ Pixar who is a big brand too). They can do 2 tentpoles a year I think ;) and we don't even know the rythm of these HP-spin-offs releases

My thoughts exactly. Every studio is looking for the dependable franchises - the more the better. And with both HP and DC, WB can have 2 movies out a year.

• Like 1

Noctis    21,526

Umm...I don't give a shit. I really don't. This sounds stupid. Of all the thinfs to do, why did they not do one about Voldemort's rise to power or something? But this? Ugh.

Fancyarcher    31,908

Why? WB is milking the franchise. Rowling made this book for charity years ago. 

Still she agreed to it. 

Could be good though. 

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

DAR    29,903

WB are a bunch of greedy, compromising bastards. Milking franchises until the public hates them, just let it rest???

Change WB to all the Studios
  • Like 2

BoxOfficeChica    912

Umm...I don't give a shit. I really don't. This sounds stupid. Of all the thinfs to do, why did they not do one about Voldemort's rise to power or something? But this? Ugh.

This is my reaction essentially. I guess my Potter dorkdom has more limits than I knew.

IMO Voldemort was a crap villain with bumbling followers and a weak backstory but movies with young James/Lily/Snape/Sirius in them would probably generate interest.

lab276    4,198

Too boring and too close to the main story.
  • Like 1

ChD    8,120

Too boring and too close to the main story.

If it would be executed the way the other 8 movies were, I agree... It would be boring. About the being too close to the main story, I have to agree that would be some kind of downside for the movie. Being so close to the main story would just remind people of Ron/Hermione/Harry and how they're not gonna be in the movie.

Keeping the same universe is enough. I hope the movies won't be too similar to the other 8 movies.

Still, I have the feeling that this spin-off series will be what Hobbit is to Lord of the Rings. A huge disappointment. That until Warner Bros pulls their shit together and actually bring decent movies.

ChD    8,120

When asked about the possibilities of using the original Potter film sets at Leavesdon Studios for the future films, Tsujihara simply stated that “the look and feel will be very similar” as of the original Potter movies. However according to Rowling herself the story is "neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world." And with the beginning of the film set in New York 70 years before Harry even knows about Hogwarts, there certainly will be some differences.

Well, that killed it for me.