Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

CJohn

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them | Nov. 18, 2016 | Crosses 800M WW

BoxOfficeChica    912

Still, I have the feeling that this spin-off series will be what Hobbit is to Lord of the Rings. A huge disappointment. That until Warner Bros pulls their shit together and actually bring decent movies.

Me, too. At least The Hobbit had been a thing before they made it into movies so there was interest in it that way. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them exists technically but it's not a story in the same way. Even if this was about Luna's grandmother's days in America or something, that would seem like a better angle than this.

• Like 1

ChD    8,120

Why?

The Potter franchise is over. If they make new movies in the same universe, at least make them fucking different instead of making them similar to the first 8.

lab276    4,198

The Potter franchise is over. If they make new movies in the same universe, at least make them fucking different instead of making them similar to the first 8.

How different can it possibly be if it's supposed to take place in the same universe? You can't go too far or it'll be off-putting.

ChD    8,120

How different can it possibly be if it's supposed to take place in the same universe? You can't go too far or it'll be off-putting.

The 70 year before Harry Potter setting allows it to be VERY different.

Neo    10,727

The 70 year before Harry Potter setting allows it to be VERY different.

Just like the Hobbit taking place 77 years before FOTR. There were a lot of similarities there.

ChD    8,120

Just like the Hobbit taking place 77 years before FOTR. There were a lot of similarities there.

That's somehow different. I mean, first of all The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings world was entire original while The Wizarding World is set in the normal world, which would mean that 70 years (around 1930) the Wizarding World should be just as different as the normal world was back then, not similar to what it is now.

• Like 1

Neo    10,727

That's somehow different. I mean, first of all The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings world was entire original while The Wizarding World is set in the normal world, which would mean that 70 years (around 1930) the Wizarding World should be just as different as the normal world was back then, not similar to what it is now.

Normal world, so here in the normal world there are wizards/dragons/elfs and so on, must have missed that part of history class. BTW Hobbit/LOTR happened many thousands of years ago in this world.

4815162342    51,294

Except nothing really changes in Middle-Earth in regards to technology or even culture that much. 70 years on Earth makes for a big big difference.

It's an interesting idea that I think suits a budget like 100-125 million, no more.

• Like 1

ACCA    1,179

Well the idea sounds interesting. Is it milking it? Maybe, we'll have to see what the film is like to say if it's selling out or not. Maybe Rowling really does have a good idea, who knows.

WB are a bunch of greedy, compromising bastards. Milking franchises until the public hates them, just let it rest???

Other studios are not? WB does have a strong track record of supporting directors who do a lot of original projects. Other studios, not so much. 

ChD    8,120

Fantastic Beasts should take April 2015... 4 weeks of no competition until Avengers 2 destroys everything in its path  :P

Relax, the script isn't even done yet. J.K Rowling has no deadline so from all we know the script could be finished in April 2015 instead of the movie.

Shaldun    530

I suppose Warner would want to go the blockbuster route with that and hope to build a franchise successfull, maybe not as much as the originals HP films but big. Soon, they'll have only the DC universe as a franchise and they don't really know where they go with that and if it will be a success. As they can't already reboot Harry Potter (oh it's coming in some years), they would want this to success to build a big franchise on it. Warner is fine, it's true but they haven't really big tentpole franchise. 

Now, I wonder what will be the consequences of the B/S delay on that. I would have seen it for summer 2016 if there was enough time All depend of Rowling and her script for now on that, how many time to do it ? Ready to use or need rewritings (she's not a screenwriter but an author, it's not the same) ? 

As it seems unlikely that WB makes 2 big tentpoles in a summer (they don't do it in a year as 2008 proved it), it will likely be in November 2016 (as some HP movies) or after. Seems weird that they haven't announce a date as nowaday, it's common to announce a date even before having starting writing a script (and delay the movie if there is a problem).

Neo    10,727

I suppose Warner would want to go the blockbuster route with that and hope to build a franchise successfull, maybe not as much as the originals HP films but big. Soon, they'll have only the DC universe as a franchise and they don't really know where they go with that and if it will be a success. As they can't already reboot Harry Potter (oh it's coming in some years), they would want this to success to build a big franchise on it. Warner is fine, it's true but they haven't really big tentpole franchise. 

Now, I wonder what will be the consequences of the B/S delay on that. I would have seen it for summer 2016 if there was enough time All depend of Rowling and her script for now on that, how many time to do it ? Ready to use or need rewritings (she's not a screenwriter but an author, it's not the same) ? 

As it seems unlikely that WB makes 2 big tentpoles in a summer (they don't do it in a year as 2008 proved it), it will likely be in November 2016 (as some HP movies) or after. Seems weird that they haven't announce a date as nowaday, it's common to announce a date even before having starting writing a script (and delay the movie if there is a problem).

Don't do it? Saying this will do 400M+ is premature, so what kind of #'s is this looking at I think 200M+ is that what you mean when you say tentpole? 2011 TH2/DHII.

Neo    10,727

Funny article, just because of BvS will be for 2017, well 2017 is the supposed JL movie, then 2018, then 2019... If WB is worried its noy going to get better, just pick a year and let it be.