Water Bottle

RENEWED/CANCELLED DISCUSSION | Official Thread

• Community Manager

Renewed/CancelledA handy guide to which broadcast network (ABC/CBS/CW/FOX/NBC/ION) series have been renewed or cancelled. For cable shows, I'll answer individual requests if you're too lazy to find out. :PBack Nine OrderA special category in the fall to note shows who started the season with a 13-episode (or less) order but who were given a full season-around 22 episodes.Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)

The Goldbergs (ABC)

Super Fun Night (17 episodes) (ABC)

Trophy Wife (ABC)

The Crazy Ones (CBS)

The Millers (CBS)

Mom (CBS)

The Originals (CW)

Reign (CW)

The Tomorrow People (CW)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (FOX)

Dads (FOX)

The Blacklist (NBC)

Sean Saves the World (18 episodes (NBC)RenewedUnless otherwise noted, for a show's second season 

America's Next Top Model (CW) for a twenty-first season

Bob's Burgers (FOX) for a fifth season

Glee (FOX) renewed for a sixth and final season

Sleepy Hollow (FOX)

The Simpsons (FOX) for a record-breaking twenty-sixth seasonCancelled/EndingUnless otherwise noted, after a show's first season 

Back in the Game (ABC)

Ironside (NBC)

Lucky 7 (ABC)

How I Met Your Mother (CBS) after nine seasons

Nikita (CW) after four seasons

We Are Men (CBS)

Welcome to the Family (NBC)Switching Networks

American Dad! (FOX) is moving to TBS for season 11Hiatus (Fate to be Determined)Every other show.

Edited by CJohn

• Community Manager

Does the US have a public network station that does not air commercials during shows, like BBC is in the UK?

PBS. I don't include it largely because it's slightly more time-consuming to track their programming.

CBS RENEWS "UNFORGETTABLE" FOR BROADCAST IN SUMMER 2014

CBS has given UNFORGETTABLE a 13-episode third season renewal for broadcast in summer 2014.

This past summer, UNFORGETTABLE averaged 8.23 million viewers, 1.4/04 in adults 18-49 and 2.0/05 in adults 25-54, more than double the year ago Sunday (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) time period in all these measures. It ranked as Sunday's top scripted program in viewers.

UNFORGETTABLE stars Poppy Montgomery as a police detective with a rare condition that allows her to remember and readily access the details of every moment in her life, and Dylan Walsh as her ex-boyfriend and partner. It also stars Jane Curtain, Dallas Roberts, James Hiroyuki and Tawny Cypress. The series is produced by Sony Television Studios in association with CBS Television Studios. Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly, Ed Redlich and John Bellucci are executive producers.

• Like 1

• Community Manager

The Black List got the back nine.

As a note on Sleepy Hollow - it was never envisioned as more than just a 13-done season arch, much like The Following. So the renewal of a 2nd season without a back nine isn't a surprise.

No, it is a surprise nonetheless. Largely because networks usually ditch the 13-season plan as soon as a series becomes a hit. The commitment to it is therefore surprising.

Not really. Some show concepts aren't built well for a 22-episode season and studios recognize that. That's why for example The Following had only a 15-episode season and will not increase for Season 2, because Fox knows you can't string audiences along with the show's premise for THAT long.

• Community Manager

Not really. Some show concepts aren't built well for a 22-episode season and studios recognize that. That's why for example The Following had only a 15-episode season and will not increase for Season 2, because Fox knows you can't string audiences along with the show's premise for THAT long.

And yet, historically, studios might have recognized that but they've strung people along anyways.

Is it just me, or are this years new sit-coms unusually bad? I've checked them all out and none are even good, most are pretty bad. It's pretty sad when a "meh" show like Trophy Wife is about as good as I've seen.

I had hopes for The Crazy ones, but it has disappointed so far.

The Michael J Fox show is god awful, yet it seems to be on almost every night on various channels.

The Golbergs, The Millers, We Are Men, Sean Saves The World, Super Fun Night... freaking terrible.

I'll be surprised if any of these get a 2nd season.