snoozealoo

Once Upon A Time

I don't watch it but I think this show's popularity could be good for Mirror Mirror and Snow White and the Huntsman next year.

Don't you mean this year, because if I remember correctly MM is coming out this March and SW&H is arriving in theaters this summer (June).

Great show I am still loving the development, but I think it's time Emma gets a glance of the fairytale, which builds the tension.

I agree. It'd be nice to see what Emma would do if she knew for a fact that what Henry says is true. See how she'd try and break the spell and/or convince the others.

Lana Parrilla and Robert Carlyle are so great as their respective characters. I love how RC has Rumple go from creepily-kooky with that crazy laugh to serious & scary in an instant.

Lana plays the Evil Bitch Queen so well that I literally want to strangle her every week. Her face while she was talking to RumpleGold (isn't that a brand of pretzels?) was delightfully eeveeel.

I can already tell you right now the cliffhanger at the end of Season 1 (cuz you know darn well ABC is ordering another season) will be one of the main fairy tale characters remembering something then BOOM... end of season. And I will curse and curse and curse at them for making me wait.

• Like 1

what i like about this show is that it made me root for snow white and prince charming, its one of my least favorite fairytale i've read or seen the feature animated film of, along with pinocchio and peter pan (even if that is not a fairytale, don't like it)

• Like 1

I adore Snow and James but MM and especially David annoy the hell out of me. They need to recover their memories and soon.I really love the show. Stopped watching House when Cameron left (used to be Hameron shipper), so I`m happy to see Jen Morrison here. She was great in those 10 minutes with Hemsworth as Jim Kirk`s mom in ST too.

• Like 1

It's a program for adults, though I guess kids could watch. Not little kiddies. ;) If males don't have a problem with fairy tales, and those characters living in the Real World, then it shouldn't be a problem. I'm female, and I'm guessing most of the posters here in this thread are male. If I'm wrong, my apologies in advance. :)

• Community Manager

I haven't watched any episodes of this yet, but I want to soon. I have a question though, is this show mostly for kids or is there some good drama in it? And is this show for ladies mostly?

This show is definably for adults. Unless you think that a man cheating on his wife is for kids. There's other adult drama since that's just an example, but yeah. As for the ladies part-as a male, I have no shame in admitting I like this show. It deals a lot with "true love" crap, but there's a lot of stuff for guys to like.

One thing to keep in mind though... the fairy tale parts come off as really really really really corny at first (anything with the blue fairy still does.) Just keep watching for a few episodes and you'll grow used to it, as well as they get less corny.Oh, and you'll very badly want to reach through the TV and beat the shit out of Lana Parrilla.She better get an Emmy nom for Supporting Actress Drama and Robert Carlyle better get a Best Actor Drama nod for Rumple. He's the best part of the show.

• Community Manager

One thing to keep in mind though... the fairy tale parts come off as really really really really corny at first (anything with the blue fairy still does.) Just keep watching for a few episodes and you'll grow used to it, as well as they get less corny.

Yeah, it can get corny though some of the fairy tale stories are really good. It can be very mixed. One episode can give a very serious take on Alice in Wonderland, another episode has a man being born out of an egg.It's largely a good enough show for me to like it, but it can be very inconsistent when it comes to the fairy tales.

regina is pure evil...the lady keeps a mean grudge on a kid of all people pffffand now they've made me like pinocchio of all things ! this show is performing miracles with the little girl in me who like fairytales and hated a few too :worthy::bravo: