The Creator

5.1 "Deviations"

I think its safe to assume that Question for was a big plus for our team as two out of three players didn't zero out. (And I think those two 80% scores are the total difference maker in this round).

I can see both arguments for those kinds of questions as if you can nail them, you can make big gains over other players which is nice because it suggests that you saw something that others didn't.

However at the same time, it does skew scores more than maybe it should. (FOr example Filmovie was by far the best predictor on our team with 3 95+ scores, but was the only person to zero on 4 so from the pure results looks like our week link and that can feel a little wrong.)

Overall though, happy the game is back and happy to see what else Creator throws at us,

Final thought: Go Team!! :D

I can see both arguments for those kinds of questions as if you can nail them, you can make big gains over other players which is nice because it suggests that you saw something that others didn't.

If that's what is needed, then why ask the other questions at all? If the answer to Q4 is 2%, then how much more did a player see than another if he answered 3% and the other answered 4%? The second person falls a full 10% behind on average, which is just not acceptable. In my opinion, there is no excuse for this sort of questions to be in a prediction game, this is not maths.

If that's what is needed, then why ask the other questions at all? If the answer to Q4 is 2%, then how much more did a player see than another if he answered 3% and the other answered 4%? The second person falls a full 10% behind on average, which is just not acceptable. In my opinion, there is no excuse for this sort of questions to be in a prediction game, this is not maths.

Like I said, I definitely understand this point of view and I wouldn't want every week to live or die based on one question out of five. At the same time I do enjoy occasionally there being a question where the margin for error is much smaller (And I am usually a loser in those situations).

Like I said, I definitely understand this point of view and I wouldn't want every week to live or die based on one question out of five. At the same time I do enjoy occasionally there being a question where the margin for error is much smaller (And I am usually a loser in those situations).

We all like to gamble, don't we? ;)

I would have been more accepting if it was more like poker, where a hand's play is not affected by the ones before it (except for the available chips, of course). But considering there are challenges and other twists out there, don't you think silly questions like this can really (and unfairly) punish someone harder than just low averages for a week?

Edited by XenoZodiac

We all like to gamble, don't we? ;)

I would have been more accepting if it was more like poker, where a hand's play is not affected by the ones before it (except for the available chips, of course). But considering there are challenges and other twists out there, don't you think silly questions like this can really (and unfairly) punish someone harder than just low averages for a week?

I agree with all your points. It's just there's a twisted part of me that also enjoys the anguish and unfairness (maybe a little too much :) )

As of right now, I have no intention of removing that format of question. While it allows for a very minimal margin of error, it is also designed on MY end to prevent an over-excessiveness of points, because then I will have to constantly raise the price of immunities. If almost everyone screws up on one question, I will typically drop it, or I may use it as a bonus. But when there are some players who do decent or good, I keep the score set out of fairness to them.

IMO, #4 was a pretty standard question for these types of games. It's only silly because the majority of us got it wrong. Now if want to talk about diabolical, it's those damn limited release PTA questions. I lost count how many times those bastards screwed me up last year.

IMO, #4 was a pretty standard question for these types of games. It's only silly because the majority of us got it wrong. Now if want to talk about diabolical, it's those damn limited release PTA questions. I lost count how many times those bastards screwed me up last year.

Not because the majority got it wrong, but because you have to take a gamble that has nothing to do with your prediction skills. What if the question was difference in percent drop between Rush and Baggage Claim? You predicted as low as 1%? Fuck you, you still get a 0%. What if you are a dumbfuck who predicted 80% drop for Rush and 80.4% drop for Baggage Claim because you don't know shit about box office? Doesn't matter, you get 100%.

And yeah, PTA questions can get pretty bad, IMO, but at least they don't reward you for stupidity.

As of right now, I have no intention of removing that format of question. While it allows for a very minimal margin of error, it is also designed on MY end to prevent an over-excessiveness of points, because then I will have to constantly raise the price of immunities. If almost everyone screws up on one question, I will typically drop it, or I may use it as a bonus. But when there are some players who do decent or good, I keep the score set out of fairness to them.

I know you will not change the format (I requested it before, but it still is here) which is why my suggestion was to keep it out of important games. Now while every game can be considered important since a single fuck up can get you eliminated, challenges (which determine the survivors) and endgames (where no one would like to be eliminated after the hard work) should be free of these.

I didn't want for this to happen this season, but it is both midterm week and pledge week, and I have no time at the moment to do a second game, so it will unfortunately be postponed a week. I'm sorry guys. That said, I will try to fill some time with the exciting Ventures and Challenge and again, I apologize that this will be taking longer to get to game 2 than I or you would have hoped.

The Ventures

The Team Captains alone will participate each week in the Ventures...which will test them, their team, and the game. This first week, the Ventures were really tame...ok, not really!

Because the rules to the Ventures have not yet been revealed, it is time I get to it.

1) Winner - the winner in a Ventures will be the player that ranks everyone else for The Challenge! This season, the winning team will be immune, but the winning team cannot rank elligible players for The Challenge. Instead, it will be the Team Captain that scores highest that must do this. But this means the Team Captain  will have to rank people on his team, right? YES! The Team Captain can choose to exclude himself but will still have to include his team member(s) on the ranking, OR he can choose to enter The Challenge himself. And if he wins, THE ENTIRE TEAM of the player he kicked off WILL BE ELIMINATED. If he loses, only he will be eliminated. It is a big risk, but definitely an exciting one!

2) Loser - the losing player in the Ventures will receive a strike. Three strikes and he will be eliminated. However, in certain Ventures that are more valuable, the losing player WILL BE ELIMINATED altogether. Or he may face some different fate, such as automatic entry into The Challenge. In the case of multiple losers, only strikes will be recorded but no other fate will be added.

3) Points - This is very important! 

• The winner will receive a certain number of points for each player on his team. The number will be the same as that week's immunity (so for instance, if one week Challenge immunities are 5 points, the winning player will be given 5 points for each player on his team).
  • The loser will receive point deductions for every player on his team up to a certain amount (the point deductions won't be as severe as the point gains, though, so no worries)

​4) The Challenge - How will The Ventures affect The Challenge? Well, the winning team in the weekend competitions will remain immune from The Challenge (for the time being, dun dun dun dun), but they will have no control over The Challenge. Instead, the team captain that wins in the Ventures will rank all elligible players, including his team mate(s) for The Challenge. The previous rule established in Rule 1 holds true here.

• Immunities - The price of immunities increases each week. There will be certain conditions on immunities attached to some of the Ventures, but at the moment, you needn't worry about those. For now, immunities will work in the same traditional manner they always have. For now.
  • Eliminations - The lowest scoring player(s) in The Challenge will still be eliminated, no ifs, ands, or butts...I mean buts.

5) Power - Each Team Captain will be ranked by his performance in The Ventures. This will give him special prizes for to share with his team. In some cases, the powers associated with winning will be...quite extremely gratuitous. You won't want to miss out.

If you have any questions concerning The Ventures, feel free to ask!

The Ventures - Round 1

This week, The Ventures were based on the additional Team Captain question that each Team Captain was asked to answer alongisde his weekend questions. The scores are in, so lets see how each Team Captain did.

Chasmmi (rep. "Chasmmi's Circle"): 10.58%

ChD (rep. "ChD's Covenant"): 47.98%

Empire (rep. "Empire's Imperials"): 0.00% *

4815162342 (rep. "The Equation Sensation"): 70.30%

Jay Salahi (rep. "Jay's Followers"): 57.71%

XenoZodiac (rep. "The Shadowgods"): 0.00% *

Tawasal (rep. "Tawasal's Gathering"): 71.99% **

From the looks of things, Tawasal pulled off an impressive victory. Indeed, this relieves him of his "prospective" status and ensures that he is an official Team Captain like the other players listed here. 

Unfortunately, both Empire and XenoZodiac lost this Ventures. They both scored 0.00%. Therefore, their teams lose in this round. BUT there is an exception to be made here. XenoZodiac did participate in the Ventures, whereas Empire did not. In this case, the loser will be determined by whose weekend score was higher. As Empire failed to participate in the weekend competition, he is the loser of this Ventures, and XenoZodiac just manages to skimp by.

BUT as for Tawasal...is he the true winner here?

No...Alfred scored 73.27% on the Ventures. Alfred is teamless, but now that he scored highest on the first round of The Ventures, he will receive his team.

Alfred is the winner of The Ventures: Round 1. So now, Alfred gets to make a daring move. Since we're so late into this game and as it has been delayed enough, I will be making the call for him, but in a future circumstance like this, it would be up to the "Team Captain" to decide. However, here we are pressed on time, so I will act for Alfred. Alfred can choose to eliminate Empire for a no show on both the weekend game (the FIRST episode of the season) and the Ventures, and thus take over "Empire's Imperials" as his own team. Or he can be humble and let Empire live. In a future situation, Alfred would be the one to make the call, but I am playing my hand here because this is the pilot episode and there has been no word from Empire, so...

Empire has been eliminated. "Empire's Imperials" is no more. INSTEAD, Alfred accumulates Empire's partner Tower, making the team "Alfred's Alliance". And Alfred ALSO won the Ventures, so he decides who to send into The Challenge this week. Alfred will be PMed with instructions on how to do this.

For everyone else, the price of immunities will be 1 point. If you can afford an immunity, go ahead and buy one if you'd like. Rookies, ask your veteran partners what immunities mean and why they're important. You must decide by 12:00 p.m. (noon) - CENTRAL tomorrow, Thursday, October 17 if you will buy an immunity from The Challenge.

*Special note, the winning team this week is immune, so they need not buy immunities. Also, Alfred is immune, but he can choose to make himself unimmune and go into The Challenge. However, he still must rank Tower unless he goes in instead.

Briefly, here's how many points everyone has (points included for veterans who picked rookies and for rookies who were picked and joined because a veteran picked them):

Chasmmi: +14

Films: +11

ChD: +10

Filmovie: +9

Alfred: +7

Gizmo: +7

XenoZodiac: +7

#AlphaBetaCharlieDelta: +5

Blankments: +5

Gingy: +5

Jay Salahi: +5

Acsc1312: +2

Fmpro: +2

Grim22: +2

Olive: +2

Tawasal: +2

Tower: +2

​4) The Challenge - How will The Ventures affect The Challenge? Well, the winning team in the weekend competitions will remain immune from The Challenge (for the time being, dun dun dun dun),

Just want to confirm if this is us or Alfred which is the winning 'team' (Alfred did not become a team until just now) and immune this week. I know we are not ranking anybody obviously, but want to check if we have to worry about immunities or not.