JJ-8

FBO: Official Discussion Thread - OLD

2011 Game & 2012 Game both updated on here. I'm in the middle of a site facelift at the moment so only posting the numbers for now. (this includes incorporating the 2012 game into the site)Watch this space but the site is currently out of date - the data i've posted in this forum overrides it. (2012 Game of course is only on the forum for now)

Massive Update!

As you are now doubt aware of already, the forum has been updated. The website has also been updated and had a facelift. :D

oh and the 2012 Game is now on the website ... feel free to check out your "studio" account which lists what you have invested in.

Welcome to BOT's version of the Fantasy Box Office.

Can someone explain me the rules? Can I play it?

Hi CJohn.... course you can.The rules though they look complicated are very simple. you start with 100m in the bank. you are an investor and backer (ie. studio) of films due for release in 2012. You invest a % in any film which is currently available. I allow lots of 10% for investment for any film prior to release.eg. To invest in Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance you would invest say 40% in it."I want to invest 40% in Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance" I then would add this this to your ivnestment list and take the cost of the film off your bank account... ie. ghost rider's budget is 75m. 40% of 75m = 30m. you have spent 30m as a result for example.When the film is released, you receive the % you invested in the film of the total films earnings. We only use the US / Domestic box office takings as they have been the most reliable and accurate over the years... the overseas totals are hard to track and don't always get released int he same year hence domestic takings only.you can invest to max of 100% in any single film. (though the total max is 200% for most films and 300% for blockbusters) you also cannot invest in a film until it is less than 1 month prior to the release date. that is exactly 1 month.so if a film is released on the 31st March for example, you have to weight until the 1st March before you can invest. (this was made clear in previous years of the game). there are numerous other rules for the game but most of them deal with specific circumstances such as franchise rules etc... ** if you invest a film that ends up with a sequel you have first rights to invest the sequel first before anyone else **and welcome to the game mate :D

damn ... whoever invested in the devil inside is off to a smoking hot start to 2012!!!!!!!! I used to take the first film of the year nearly every year.. and it's burnt me... the one damn year i didn't ... grrrrrrrrrrrrr34m OW on a budget of 1m :D:rolleyes:

So... can I start investing now in January/February (not all of them yet) movies?

if the film is listed as available then yes it's available - check the january and february investment threads. (first post has what is currently available)EDIT - also check the release dates - remember 1 month before (the next lot of films including Star Wars Episode 1 3D are available from 10th January 12.00am.EDIt: this post was edited @ 8.25pm on the 8th January. Edited by Jajang