Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fancyarcher

Logan | aka The Wolverine 3 | March 3, 2017 | Second Trailer on Page 53

2,453 posts in this topic

Saw this Sunday, it's one hell of a film and on an entirely different plane of filmmaking than ALL previous X-Men movies.

But when in the hell as with that...

Spoiler

...Deadpool shit before the film? Completely retarded and the antithesis of Logan.

Mangold has had another go at contemporary blockbusters, calling them '2 hour trailers'. http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/wolverine/news/a824099/logan-director-slams-superhero-movies-as-two-hour-trailers/

They are not movies. They are bloated exercises in two-hour trailers for another movie they are going to sell you in two years.There are so many characters that each character gets an arc of about six-and-a-half minutes at best, and I'm not exaggerating. You take 120 minutes, you take 45 of it for action, what are you left with? Divide it by six characters, you have the character arc of Elmer Fudd in a Warner Bros cartoon. That formula is empty for me.

Surprisingly, Marvel has yet to offer him a job on the MCU.

4 people like this

600m worldwide passed

Domestic:  $221,656,574    36.7%
Foreign:  $381,549,109    63.3%

Worldwide:  $603,205,683  
7 people like this

On 3/22/2017 at 9:19 AM, Hatebox said:

Mangold has had another go at contemporary blockbusters, calling them '2 hour trailers'. http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/wolverine/news/a824099/logan-director-slams-superhero-movies-as-two-hour-trailers/

Surprisingly, Marvel has yet to offer him a job on the MCU.

He's also right on point.

1 person likes this

It s not that hard to make a great movie when 

Spoiler

you kill an iconic character in your movie, played by a very charismatic actor everyone will regret in said role.

Almost Any basic can do this.

-_-

5 hours ago, 2 Panda 2 Furious said:

He's also right on point.

Superhero Fatigue I am guessing.

Posted (edited)

Logan is the 71th best movie EVAH according to IMDB.

:lol::insane:

Edited by The Futurist
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Most overrated blockbuster since Winter Solider 

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Disappointed by IMDb. I thought it would be No. 1 for some time and settle in the Top 12. But I guess the site's seeing an exodus of fanbois after the shutting down of the forums.

8 hours ago, chrisman0606 said:

Superhero Fatigue I am guessing.

I like some of them.  Logan, Deadpool and Guardians were all recent ones that I really enjoyed.

But the majority of them range from flat out bad to serviceable, and they really all do seem like trailers for the next movie.  Very few of them have complete character arcs.

And I'm not even sure how something like Infinity War is going to work when you have, what, 25 or so named characters in it?  It's the size of a large TV Show cast, except it doesn't have the TV show setting to develop them and relationships between them.  It also makes the big crossover movies less desirable to see because they'll throw in x plot point from some random movie three years ago and expect the audience to catch on right away.  I've seen all of the Marvel movies and had that problem in Civil War.  There's just too much that goes on in nearly all of these movies.

It's why I liked Logan, Deadpool and GOTG quite a bit.  They were their own things, had complete arcs, and even the sequel set up bits for GOTG and Deadpool didn't seem like trailers in the movie.

It's why these movies are having diminishing returns.  Crossing over was a neat gimmick at first, and I'm sure real fans still love it, but it becomes a headache to casual viewers once you get stuff like Civil War.

Logan, Deadpool and DOFP are all generally considered to be great superhero movies, right? And yet a certain crowd still tends to dismiss FOX's XCU. Okay then.