Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fancyarcher

Logan | aka The Wolverine 3 | March 3, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 26

1,036 posts in this topic

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:unsure: Green Lantern writer 

It's better to forget that Origins ever happened

Its a fascinating mess of a movie and I like it more than the "just okay" The Wolverine.

:unsure: Green Lantern writer 

1 of 4 writers on that and he wasn't the ringleader.

Its a fascinating mess 

tumblr_m3v9tnTx7k1rn1yn3o1_r1_500.gif

See you in the next X-Men Mr.Jackman

Hugh Jackman Confirms #Wolverine 3 Will Be His Last Time As Character

I feel that this news is important enough be in this topic's title. :(

This is sad, but he has a had great run as Wolverine. 17 years as the same superhero! I don't see any actor equaling that any time soon.

2 people like this

Didn't he say fairly recently(within the last 12mo) that he'd be willing to play the character for awhile. Even so much as to say something about doing an Old Man Logan style film. Still, all things must come to an end and if this is a sincere statement and not just a contract negotiations ploy then thank you for your time Hugh. We've enjoyed you in the role!

2 people like this

Wow, end of an era.

The Wolverine was one R rating and slightly better 3rd act away from being great. Hopefully this fixes both of those issues (yeah I know R is never happening, but can dream).

The first 2 acts of Wolverine were boring IMO, and the third was a bit too comic-booky (too cartoony). I have faith in this next one, but I don't want it to just be good. I want it to be a fantastic sendoff for Jackman!!

It seems to be an official annoucement, not a little snippet from a junket interview.

He hinted that Wolvie 3 would be his last stand.

Good luck to his successor.

And 17 years is correct maths : 1999-2016, the era he played the character.

Is it bad to say I don't want this movie to ever come out? I don't want this era to end, I'm gonna be so sad leaving the theatre.

In tears.

Crying.

Goes home.

Doesn't leave room for a week.

He'll be back eventually as Wolvie after this. Even if it's that Old Logan idea he pitched or just in small part. Not buying this is "it" forever. Just it for a big role or it for awhile.

I can see them getting Jackman for a few small, action-free roles in any upcoming X-Men film rather than looking for a substitute.

Jackman and the X-Men you could argue started this comic-book revolution. Yes, Blade preceded X-Men but it was the mainstream popularity of X-Men which made movies like Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, and Avengers possbile

And to think it all happened because Kubrick took ages on Eyes Wide Shut, which held up Tom Cruise for M:I-2, which held up Dougray Scott for the role of Wolverine.

3 people like this

Even though I mentally checked out of this whole series a LONG time ago, I'll be sad when Jackman goes. The first film came out when I was 14, the last when I'm 31. For all you teenyboppers, that shit will hit you hard one day.

He'll be back eventually as Wolvie after this. Even if it's that Old Logan idea he pitched or just in small part. Not buying this is "it" forever. Just it for a big role or it for awhile.

I'm willing to bet Old Man Logan is going to be this movie.