Wormow

Catching Fire Score Discussion

I can't believe how unremarkable this score was. A female for vocal seems appropriate but really doesn't convey anything. The synths sound cheap and dated by 90s standards. The great 'Horn of Plenty' fanfare is overplayed and lacks variety. The London Voices were recorded for this score but any vocal presence outside of the solos for Katniss sound really limp and even synthetic.

Why did the train music from the first play when Snow announced the tributes would be reaped from the living victors? CF firmly establishes Rue's Farewell as Rue's theme, so why did it play during the berry scene and the last scene of the first movie? When they're in the penthouse they reuse the music from the first when Katniss is looking at the artificial forest in the penthouse, entirely different scenes but because they're set in the same place that warrants a reprise?

What a musical mess this series has become. I'm hoping it was temp track issues and not laziness from JNH.

I'm sure fans will eat the score up. Die hards have a habit of projecting their love of the source material and the movies onto the music, even if the music doesn't convey much of it.

Edited by ddddeeee

When they're in the penthouse they reuse the music from the first when Katniss is looking at the artificial forest in the penthouse, entirely different scenes but because they're set in the same place that warrants a reprise?

Regarding the penthouse, I thought the music used in both was when they were going in, not when she was looking at the window/TV thing.

I'm sure fans will eat the score up. Die hards have a habit of projecting their love of the source material and the movies onto the music, even if the music doesn't convey much of it.

I don't think it's bad, but it's nothing amazing either. Kind of disappointing too because JNH had more time on this while for THG, he had a few weeks only which he admitted himself was way too short.