ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

JACKIE BROWN is awesome. Second only to PULP FICTION.

DEATH PROOF is god-awful.

DEATH PROOF is the worst thing a movie can be for the first half:Boring.

IMHO QT's best two movies are "Pulp Fiction" and "Reservoir Dogs". "Jackie Brown" was fun but not very memorable. Which has been my beef with most of QT's movies.

I love Kurt Russell. I tend towards a having a soft spot for any film he's in. So it says a great deal that I hate DEATHPROOF. Indeed, Russell and Bell's stunts are the only things that raise it above an F.

You didn't enjoy Kurt Russell crying like a little bitch?

The end of Death Proof is great, all of the end. The rest is a snooze fest.

Jackie Brown is a textbook example of a movie that grows on you. It may not seem like much on first viewing but now I can't get enough of it. 

I've only seen it once. No growing was necessary.

(Actually, I'm not sure if I've seen any of Tarantino's films more than once. Possibly Pulp Fiction.)

Tarantino condemned by the 5 largest police unions: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/quentin-tarantino-boycott-chicago-police-834920

The Chicago police union has followed suit behind the LAPD, NYPD, Philadelphia PD and Houston PD in boycotting Quentin Tarantino following comments the director made during a Saturday rally protesting police brutality in New York.

Chicago joining the boycott means the five largest police department unions have now officially condemned the controversial filmmaker.

Chicago Fraternal Order of Police president Dean Angelo tells The Hollywood Reporter, The Chicago police union "joins with others from coast to coast moving to boycott anything and everything, including his new release [The Hateful Eight]."

"He has an obligation to be more responsible," according to a similar statement from the New Jersey State Police union, which has also joined the boycott. "This is not a movie, this is real life where police officers lives are impacted by his words."

The day before, the Houston Police Officer's Union called Tarantino's comments "sickening." 

"To use inflammatory rhetoric and imply that police officers are murderers does nothing to repair the fractured relationships with the community," according to the Houston police union. "It simply makes things more difficult and only deepens the divide.

"I'm a human being with a conscience," said Tarantino at the Saturday rally. "And if you believe there's murder going on, then you need to rise up and stand up against it. I'm here to say I'm on the side of the murdered."

The director of the upcoming Hateful Eight also said, "When I see murders, I do not stand by. ... I have to call a murder a murder, and I have to call the murderers the murderers," according to multiple reports.

Patrick Lynch, president of the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association, called Tarantino a "purveyor of degeneracy" who "has no business coming to our city to peddle his slanderous 'Cop Fiction.' "

• Like 1