ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

Demian Bichir

Bruce Dern

Walton Goggins

Samuel L. Jackson

Jennifer Jason Leigh

Michael Madsen

Tim Roth

Kurt Russell

Channing Tatum

I'm down for this group

No J-Law  :( seriously, I wish she could have found a way to do Hateful Eight. But I agree with others that getting RDJ, Liam Nesson, Denzel Washington or Johnny Depp as one of the members would help. Any one of those would give the film some needed star-power and provide them with something more Oscar caliber than what they have done in recent years. 

Basterds had Brad Pitt

Django had Leonardo DiCaprio 

Channing Tatum isn't anywhere near as talented as those two or as popular (with men anyways), and Samuel L. Jackson is more of a character actor/scenery chewer than an A-lister. But I kinda wish Bill Paxton and Nicolas Cage were part of it... seeing both of them chew scenery together would be great. 

• Like 1

Hmm kind wish the cast was different. Channing Tatum and Bruce Dern are the only ones he hasn't worked with, I think. I'd love to see QT branch out with his choices:

1. Denzel Washington (more interesting choice than SLJ) 
  2. Chris Pratt (more charismatic and engaging than Tatum)
  3. Jennifer Lawrence (because the possiblity of her being in it intrigued me)
  4. Nicolas Cage (because the Cage chewing scenery in a QT movie sounds amazing. He'd also probably do it for peanuts) 
  5. Daniel Day-Lewis (because he hasn't done anything since 2012) 
  6. Bencio Del Toro (think he could bring something to the table) 
  7. Matthew McCoughaney (His Southern drawl makes him perfect for a Western)
  8. Kevin Costner (the guy needs a career comeback)
  9. Billy Bob Thornton (again, he has the Southern drawl down) 
  10. John Goodman (as the main antagonist) 

Nice to see Madsen and Roth working with QT again. Apart from that I can take or leave Tarantino's wink-at-the-viewer style of filmaking he's fallen into post-Jackie Brown. I expect this will be no different. Other than some of DiCaprio's scenes, DU left me cold.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 3

Hmm kind wish the cast was different. Channing Tatum and Bruce Dern are the only ones he hasn't worked with, I think. I'd love to see QT branch out with his choices:

The cast you list is even more star-studded than my Hateful Eight Redux cast in CAYOM  :wacko:

He hasn't worked with Bichir and Jennifer Jason Leigh, and Goggins was in DU for what, 5 minutes? Then Tim Roth hasn't been in a Tarantino movie in 20 years. 

• Like 2