Neo

Despicable Me 3 | June 30, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 9

This is a pretty good animated franchise to talk about how the films did so far.

DM1 made $543M WW. DM2 made a staggering $970M WW.

And now in a few days, we'll get the Minions movie. If that film breaks out WW to the $1B WW mark, it would bode more well for DM3.

And since China's markets is far bigger than its ever been, an absolute over $1B WW for DM3, is like a walk in the park.

• Like 2

I think the DM franchise is at its peak right now. Not sure how strong the brand will be running in two years.

I think DM3 will decline from Minions and DM2. The mixed WOM that Minions might have an effect not to mention competition from Toy Story 4

I think the DM franchise is at its peak right now. Not sure how strong the brand will be running in two years.

Remember some people are saying before Furious 7 the franchise is near-peaked, and look how it made enormous money.

• Like 1

DOM-wise, yeah. Probably. But WW-wise?.....China is on a hot streak, so it has a chance to increase.

But we have to wait how Minions performs.

Minions could do $160-180m area in China, thats very huge.
  • Like 1

I think DM3 could stabilize DOM. Probably around $305-330M....unless.....if its an great sequel, like "HTTYD2"-great...it could have the potential to make more.

But by then..I'm sticking with $305M minimum. DM2 could be the peak, DOM-wise.

WW, though...is another story. I think it could top DM2, easily. With China.

• Like 2