Neo

War For The Planet Of The Apes | July 14, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 18

That trailer was sexy, it'll be chill-inducing on the big screen.

There's a good amount of competition surrounding this movie, but I think it'll win out over them. 

If I made a club with this surpassing Homecoming, who would join?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, franfar said:

That trailer was sexy, it'll be chill-inducing on the big screen.

There's a good amount of competition surrounding this movie, but I think it'll win out over them. 

If I made a club with this surpassing Homecoming, who would join?

I would!

On 4/2/2017 at 4:40 PM, ddddeeee said:

Maurice is going to die to protect the little girl and I won't be ok.

Well it has been screening and a good pal of mine spilled the beans.

Spoiler

Left the audience exhausted.

Spoiler

It's definitely a callback to the original Apes films with its uncompromising bleakness. Without going into details, I think WOM might go against this one.

Edited by filmnerdjamie

King Kong rendering by ILM in the latest Kong movie had still that weird, fake CGI sheen.

What is so special about the Weta Digital monkeys of this saga is that their fur, their skin seems real, it looks so natural it boggles my mind they never won an Oscar for this stupendous work.

Freaking Interstellar ...

Oh, and the expressions in the eyes, still the best CGI character acting in the world (Weta Digital Perf cap rig is still the best in the world, perfected by James Cameron by the way, and Weta Digital animators who perfect and fine-tune the performance capture references are incredible artists), even if ILM did really well with their Orcs in Warcraft last year, they are coming together.

The Beast in BATB (done by Digital Domain) was decent-ok by comparison.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, babz06 said:

I still don't understand the purpose for these trailers teasing trailers. 

Same reason they include those little teasers at the front of every trailer, or remove widescreen presentation on phones...dumbass marketing reps who come up with new shit to justify their jobs. 

16 minutes ago, babz06 said:

I still don't understand the purpose for these trailers teasing trailers. 

People and media mention views in the first 24 hours and it seem to give traction if there is a zeitgeist around a new trailer being released.

I imagine those teaser (and also announcing a trailer release date, I mean that also make no sense at all just release the trailer....) are for that, to get all the colliders type social media machine ready to help push your trailer the moment it get out and help those metric.

The little teaser in front of the trailer is apparently for when the trailer play as an ads on youtube (that you are force to watch the first 5 seconds if you don't use an adblock like 99% of people), thus if they put a mini 5 s trailer in front of the trailer you will have seen it, even if you skip the ads.

• Like 2