Neo

War For The Planet Of The Apes | July 14, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 18

3 hours ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

If it finished its current markets at 350M (probably on the low side but w/e), then there's just Korea, Japan and China to go.

If it does half of Dawn in Japan and Korea then that'd be about 20M from the two of those. China is unlikely to drop much if at all and could easily increase on the last one. If it did drop, then we're still looking at 100M+ remaining in the tank, so it'll be good for 450M. Above that I wouldn't want to guarantee anything.

Disappointing for sure. Especially given it's everywhere has dropped, not just the US. In fact OS will have dropped significantly more than the US. Not good at all. Can't see them trying to continue this particular series of POTA.

Gosh is this a huge fall from grace.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Im really starting to think, that @Stutterng baumer Denbrough was right. As much as i adore this movie and will buy it on Blu-Ray, it really isnt a "crowdpleaser". It was an ambitious high-budget War-Slavery-Genocide-Drama with an incredibly slow pacing and bitter story. In this time and age, not too many people want to spend their money for something like that. Which is a shame, but i totally get it. If they had made a 0815-action fest with lots of EXPLOSIONS  i think it would be way more succesfull.

And totally forgotten in 2 years, because Dawn is forever the movie that first had Apes on horsebacks with machine guns.

On 2017-06-26 at 11:07 PM, ddddeeee said:

Giacchino is getting some insane notices for this.

Well, it's no surprise since he also composed the score for blockbusters like Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Jurassic World, Inside Out, Zootopia & Rogue One.

He really gave those movies very adventurous & emotional tunes.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, Brainbug said:

Im really starting to think, that @Stutterng baumer Denbrough was right. As much as i adore this movie and will buy it on Blu-Ray, it really isnt a "crowdpleaser". It was an ambitious high-budget War-Slavery-Genocide-Drama with an incredibly slow pacing and bitter story. In this time and age, not too many people want to spend their money for something like that. Which is a shame, but i totally get it. If they had made a 0815-action fest with lots of EXPLOSIONS  i think it would be way more succesfull.

And totally forgotten in 2 years, because Dawn is forever the movie that first had Apes on horsebacks with machine guns.

The original movie had that that. Unless you mean 'realistic' apes.

I don't think it should be too much of a surprise, War much more than Rise/Dawn is in the same vein as the original 5 movies. They are not "fun", they aren't light, they are heavy, serious, proper science fiction movies that make you think. In fact the new trilogy is much more cleaner / tamer than the originals. There's no religion and philosophy in these ones and very little politics.

23 hours ago, Barnack said:

The Revenant ?

The Revenant isn't even close to being a "bleak" film.

bleak shleak...i get the problem attracting a wider audience, but looking at a 145 final dom still surprises me.

do agree that a finale does need to signal a hopeful conclusion. it's been pointed out before that this seemed much like dawn of apes 2.

maybe the studio knew something, and decided to decrease the budget significantly (if that 150 number is accurate).