rukaio101

CAYOM - New Franchise by rights thread

Most of my favourite movies from CAYOM have come from original properties simply because there is often more effort and planning and creativity put into those than Adapted movies, of which really only numbers can make brilliant. IMO of course.

Excuse me? My only BP noms have both been adapted! :P

And this is really random, but my biggest CAYOM regret is definitely casting Jason Isaacs as the lead in Dogs of Babel. If it was Jackman or Spacey, I think it would've had a shot to win Best Actor, because that was definitely a one-man-show movie

And this is really random, but my biggest CAYOM regret is definitely casting Jason Isaacs as the lead in Dogs of Babel. If it was Jackman or Spacey, I think it would've had a shot to win Best Actor, because that was definitely a one-man-show movie

Or Jeremy Irons....... (Would've cotton my vote :ph34r:

Or Jeremy Irons....... (Would've cotton my vote :ph34r:

Eh, Jeremy Irons was too old for the role. 50 years old was the oldest I was gonna go on it.

My biggest miscast was probably Reza Naji in Innocense. I didn't realize it until awards season, but the guy's 71, where the role in my mind was supposed to be middle-aged. Still won him an Oscar; how, I don't know?

My biggest miscast was probably Reza Naji in Innocense. I didn't realize it until awards season, but the guy's 71, where the role in my mind was supposed to be middle-aged. Still won him an Oscar; how, I don't know?

We (at least I) didn't realise either. :ph34r: 

• Like 1

I claim flappy bird

A friendly advice. Try claiming better franchises/rights for better games (or at least that make sense into movies). Adapting Flappy Bird is like making a movie about tic-tac-toe. Makes no sense whatsoever.

• Like 1

I´m saving the rights to Heroes of Camelot (TCG App)

Blankments already has the rights to all things King Arthur and Camelot related, so you'll have to strike a deal with him.

Can we make references to recent real life franchises/movies like Harry Potter/Transformers (references with characters appearing in the movie for a few seconds (Bumblebee, Optimus, Harry ... etc)

Can we make references to recent real life franchises/movies like Harry Potter/Transformers (references with characters appearing in the movie for a few seconds (Bumblebee, Optimus, Harry ... etc)

You could probably have brief reference/mentions to the franchises without any problems.

The characters actually appearing might be more of a problem (unless it was a guy in a promotional suit or something) unless you're doing a multi-franchise sprawling thing like Wreck-it Ralph or Hand Drawn Heroes 

You could probably have brief reference/mentions to the franchises without any problems.

The characters actually appearing might be more of a problem (unless it was a guy in a promotional suit or something) unless you're doing a multi-franchise sprawling thing like Wreck-it Ralph or Hand Drawn Heroes 

Nah, nothing like a multi-franchise sprawling. I just want to use it for a scene where someone explains something and gives an example (in which the characters themselves appear on screen - in the movie, not a scene from their own movie, but a new scene in my own movies, although just for a few seconds. Not more than 5-10)

Nah, nothing like a multi-franchise sprawling. I just want to use it for a scene where someone explains something and gives an example (in which the characters themselves appear on screen - in the movie, not a scene from their own movie, but a new scene in my own movies, although just for a few seconds. Not more than 5-10)

You may be better off just using some bland name product you make up yourself instead of using the actual people. For example, if you were going to be talking about Transformers you might want change that to something like 'Changeformers' so you don't have any copyright issues but people still pretty much know what you're talking about.