rukaio101

CAYOM - New Franchise by rights thread

That's not the problem. The problem is that someone else is already using Slenderman. Besides, public domain work that originated recently on the internet needs rights reserving, since they're not nearly as well known or widely used as things like King Kong or Dracula or whatever. Can I pull a Marvel with what they did with Quicksilver? Where they changed up different things like calling him a miracle instead of a mutant. If I'm not mistaken, the slender Alpha has is kind of like the one from the slenderman game, correct me if I'm wrong. Besides, he'll only be making flash scenes, there will be a scene where a character smokes a_ fill in the words. My version, he is the Idol of a cultand doesn't really interact. He's more of a legend in my version, not existent. I don't what to do if I replace him. Just saying.  No. Not going back on this. Watchmen is not nearly old enough to be remade and spinoffs/prequels/sequels to recent films aren't allowed, otherwise I'd currently be writing up Pacific Rim 2 right now. :( Well, so much for adapting my favorite graphic Novel. Maybe a couple more years from now. That's fine. You're welcome to do that. You still can't take the rights to it though Someone owns the rights? That's what I think you said. Correct me if I'm wrong. You can take the book rights. I'd forgotten that existed. There are books?! Cool!!! Can I make it on exception? Add more political elements into the story and change some of the characters. I still think it could make an awesome remake. Bad Grandpa suggests it hasn't ended. Besides, if you're using your own crew, why not change the format a bit and make your own original film instead? I mean they don't do actual Jackass movies, with Jackass as the main title. They are only doing spinoff movies. You know what, nevermind. I might as well just wait to see where the series goes. You're welcome to make it, but you can't take the rights and/or link it to the Peter Jackson films. No. I'm not touching Peter Jackson's movie. I'm talking about an origin story, not in the same universe, about a different Kong and his life in the jungle. More like Planet Hulk in a lot of ways.You're welcome to the first two. Rudolph is public domain though. Again, totally different situation. I'm making a spin on the 1964 special with different amounts of lore included. Anybody is welcome to use Rudolph. Also, since the year has ended, I'm going to PM Impact to see what he wants doing about his franchises. If you're wanting to stake a claim to one of them, tell me now (and which ones you want) and I'll enter your name in the lottery for them.

Put me in for Star Trek.

Can I pull a Marvel with what they did with Quicksilver? Where they changed up different things like calling him a miracle instead of a mutant. If I'm not mistaken, the slender Alpha has is kind of like the one from the slenderman game, correct me if I'm wrong. Besides, he'll only be making flash scenes, there will be a scene where a character smokes a_ fill in the words. My version, he is the Idol of a cultand doesn't really interact. He's more of a legend in my version, not existent. I don't what to do if I replace him. Just saying.

Answer is still no. The only way you'd be allowed to use Slenderman is if Alpha is okay with it.

Someone owns the rights? That's what I think you said. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No, I said the rights are in the public domain. So everybody owns the rights and no-one can specifically reserve them. So you're welcome to make your own trilogy, but people are welcome to do their own adaptations as well.

There are books?! Cool!!! Can I make it on exception? Add more political elements into the story and change some of the characters. I still think it could make an awesome remake.

As an unwritten rule, we try to avoid making films directly related to already existing films (community franchises excepted). You can do an adaptation of the book, but you can't link it to Verhoeven's already existing film(s) or just make it identical with a few names switched. 

Again, totally different situation. I'm making a spin on the 1964 special with different amounts of lore included. Anybody is welcome to use Rudolph.

If you're already doing your own spin on it, why do you need the rights at all? Rudolph is public domain. You'd only need the rights to the 1964 special if you were doing something directly related to it, like a sequel or spinoff or were doing a shot-by-shot remake (which is pretty frowned upon both in and out of CAYOM). 

Don't get me wrong, you can take the rights to the TV special, since it's TV and probably old enough, but it just seems entirely unnecessary to me.

That's Alpha's decision to make. You have to ask him.

Alpha's said he's fine with temporarily loaning out some of his less-important properties, since he's kinda sorta on a break (although he seems to come back pretty often). So it should be fine lending out Tom Sawyer.

Also, Impact's messaged me and is happy to give up all of his properties. I'm away in London for most of tomorrow so I'll do the lottery to decide who gets which franchise on Friday, so if you're wanting to put your name forward for any of them, tell me before then.

Here are the franchises up for grabs and who's after them (at the moment).

Mario

Films

Rukaio

Alpha

Zelda

Rukaio

Alpha

Golden Sun

Star Trek (Picard era onwards)

Rorschach

Rukaio

Edited by Za Rukaio!

Holy crap. I am bad at wording what I'm trying to say. I apologize on my behath. Yes, I claim the rights to the1964 Rudolph special. Sad about Slendy. Don't know how my story about him (kind of) will continue. No Starship Troopers rights. I change my mind.

I claim the rights to Huckleberry Finn, Artemis Fowl, and the young James Bond books.

Blankments and Riczhang own the James Bond and Artemis Fowl franchises respectively. You're welcome to Huckleberry Finn.

Is it also possibly okay if I can claim the rights to Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns? It's not connected to the Batman saga and it stands as a stand-alone Graphic Novel.

No. It's still Batman.

Is it also possibly okay if I can claim the rights to Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns? It's not connected to the Batman saga and it stands as a stand-alone Graphic Novel.

You'd technically still have to claim the rights to the entire Batman franchise, which as stated earlier isn't available right now.

Also, Impact's messaged me and is happy to give up all of his properties. I'm away in London for most of tomorrow so I'll do the lottery to decide who gets which franchise on Friday, so if you're wanting to put your name forward for any of them, tell me before then.

Here are the franchises up for grabs and who's after them (at the moment).

Mario

Films

Rukaio

Alpha

Zelda

Rukaio

Alpha

Golden Sun

Star Trek (Picard era onwards)

Rorschach

Rukaio

The lottery has been spun. The winners are in bold. Golden Sun is available to the first person who asks for it.