Fake

The International Box Office Discussion Thread

I don't know what is happening but you can  see the OS markets in BOM, it's just that it is very strange. When you open the International section, choose a country - let's say Australia. It will open the the boxoffice for Nov 13-16, from there click the weekend boxoffice button and you will see all the data up to last week.

I don't know what is happening but you can see the OS markets in BOM, it's just that it is very strange. When you open the International section, choose a country - let's say Australia. It will open the the boxoffice for Nov 13-16, from there click the weekend boxoffice button and you will see all the data up to last week.

They have stopped updating most of the markets, but not all. If you want to see which just look at the numbers for the Hobbit, and see which ones are there.

• Like 2

Deadline atarted an article series about real costs and income for dom and foreign with a kind of countdown examples...

I can't save or... the chart for the first example they use: X-Men Days of Future Past

http://deadline.com/2015/03/x-men-days-of-future-past-profit-box-office-2014-1201389620/

please let me know if someone finds out how to save that (might be a browser... security setting)

edit: just learned how to imbed

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 3

Deadline atarted an article series about real costs and income for dom and foreign with a kind of countdown examples...

I can't save or... the chart for the first example they use: X-Men Days of Future Past

http://deadline.com/2015/03/x-men-days-of-future-past-profit-box-office-2014-1201389620/

please let me know if someone finds out how to save that (might be a browser... security setting)

edit: just learned how to imbed

<script type="text/javascript" src="//e.issuu.com/embed.js" async="true"></script>

excellent,

BIG THANX !!

• Like 1

From Deadline. Top 100 Films Internationally for 2014 as of Jan 7 including the amount of territories they played in.  The movies still rolling out at the time (Hobbit, Bih Hero 6 etc] of course have incomplete data.

Interesting to note the disparity in the # of territories [though it's most likely among the smaller territories] even among larger films even within the same studio.

top-100-international-box-office-2014-ch

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

A handy comparison table:

2014 Top 20 International Box Office Markets - All Films (US$ Billions)			

2014	2013	
1. China	$4.8	$3.6	↑
2. Japan	$2.0	$2.4	↓
3. France	$1.8	$1.6	↑
4. UK	        $1.7	$1.7	→
5. India	$1.7	$1.5	↑
6. South Korea	$1.6	$1.4	↑
7. Germany	$1.3	$1.3	→
8. Russia	$1.2	$1.4	↓
9. Australia	$1.0	$1.1	↓
10. Mexico	$0.9	$0.9	→
11. Brazil	$0.8	$0.9	↓
12. Italy	$0.8	$0.8	→
13. Spain	$0.7	$0.7	→
14. Netherlands	$0.3	$0.3	→
15. Turkey	$0.3	$0.3	→
16. Venezuela	$0.3		⇈
17. Argentina	$0.2	$0.4	↓
18. Sweden	$0.2	$0.2	→
19. Taiwan	$0.2	$0.3	↓
20. Indonesia	$0.2		⇈
  • Like 3

China will be way ahead of the rest( 3x-4x bigger). Among the rest I am expecting India to shoot up though it will be dominated by local films and Korea can go up even though they already have high tickets sold per million population. Japan sadly will keep shrinking. France did go up last year but this year its going down with dollar being up big time. UK also will go down.

• Like 1

After weekend UNI is now at 3.8b WW for the year so far ,  record for a full year is FOX in 2014 5.5m and then PAR 5.15m in 2011

Wow, didn't realize FOX had a record year in 2014 

What about Disney in 2017?

Episode 8 - $1.5b
TS4 - $1.25b
POTC 5 - $1b
GOTG 2 - $750m
Untitled Pixar - $750m
Thor 3 - $750m

Thats a possible $6b there

Fox could even win 2016, their line up seems colossal,

They have Kung Fu Panda 3, X-Men Apocalypse, Independence Day 2 and Ice Age 5.

Edited by Townzy89
  • Like 1