Fake

The International Box Office Discussion Thread

Were there previews included in that opening, or was it just the Thursday-Sunday or Friday-Sunday (whatever the French weekend BO is)?

No, those numbers are the full week predictions/revisions. They first said it would drop 55% full week, now it seems to be much worse for Tintin in France.

Tintin is behaving like a typical kids movie, very small weekdays and huge holidays. Last week it had five days of holidays in France; this week it only had two.It should start dropping normally from this week onwards. Even if it doesn't, a 50M+ final total is nothing to scoff at.

Tintin dropped 67% in the UK, too. Not very good. On the other side it hold very well in Germany with 270'000 admissions 4-day. Lets see.

I think UIP reports daily UK numbers (the only Paramount Tintin territory?), but correct me if I'm wrong.If so, last weekend was $5.6M, this weekend was $3.5M, which is a 37% drop.Monday last week was $586K, this Monday was $614K, which is a 5% increase (?!).Not sure if we can trust all these UIP numbers though.

I think UIP reports daily UK numbers (the only Paramount Tintin territory?), but correct me if I'm wrong.If so, last weekend was $5.6M, this weekend was $3.5M, which is a 37% drop.Monday last week was $586K, this Monday was $614K, which is a 5% increase (?!).Not sure if we can trust all these UIP numbers though.

The daily updates are not reliable if the grosses are small. Those grosses are adjusted by small amounts all the time.