grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

If this can match the manga, anime, or tv series we'rein for a treat.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/rupert-sanders-set-to-helm-ghost-in-the-shell-for-dreamworks/

Disney's live-action GHOST IN THE SHELL flick, starring Scarlett Johansson, drops April 14, 2017.

https://www.facebook.com/ercboxoffice?fref=nf

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 2

Sanders is good with visuals but like most directors transitioning from the world of commercials he will need a good editor and a great script to make a really good movie.

Well, maybe he'll be more focued this time in the storytelling since he won't have Kstew to distract...

BTW, Dreamworks' last 5 movies - A Thousand Words, People Like Us, Lincoln, The Fifth Estate and Delivery Man. Four of the five are legit bombs so they need a big hit. Need For Speed is next but video game adaptations have always been risky so the studio leadership is in bit of a trouble.

• Like 1

The only hits Dreanworks has had in the last few years are The Help and Lincoln. Real Steel and I Am Number 4 were middling efforts...everything else were straight up bombs.With Fifth Estate taking the record for I think the lowest grossing wide release like...ever.Dubious honor there.

You might as well put aside your hope this will be set in Japan starring Japanese actors.

Besides, they've already made that version...it's very good.

Yeah, I figure. It's going to be just like all the trainwreck of productions trying to do Akira. I understand why they'd do it, but it's such a bad idea. Akira is basically an impossible story to tell removed from the Japan setting. GitS isn't quite that bad but it'll still be difficult to work.

• Like 1