CJohn

LEGO's Ninjago | Lego Movie Spin-off | September 22, 2017 | Trailer on page 3

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

I was hoping they would tone down the rapid-fire joke pacing for this movie and make it more of a riff on the spiritual hokum of martial arts movies. But I'll hold out hope.

Rapid fire jokes is a staple of WAG films so I doubt it'll be any different.

Not exactly the funniest trailer they've put out for these LEGO movies, nothing really worked for me. Hopefully they're holding back on the really good stuff and that they're also gonna put the typical father/son relationship story on its head and do something clever with it instead of just becoming a typical father/son relationship story. Basically pretty much exactly what The LEGO Movie did with the hero trope.

Just now, Jonwo said:

It looks decent, visually it looks stunning. The bride running off to save herself was pretty funny.

I like that kind of humor and that they're willing to do them in these films. Visually though it still looks great but not even close to how stunning The LEGO Movie and The LEGO Batman Movie looked. It doesn't seem to be that inspired and yet again the deeper into this LEGO Movie universe we get the further away they seem to get from having everything in the world be made out of LEGO.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I like that kind of humor and that they're willing to do them in these films. Visually though it still looks great but not even close to how stunning The LEGO Movie and The LEGO Batman Movie looked. It doesn't seem to be that inspired and yet again the deeper into this LEGO Movie universe we get the further away they seem to get from having everything in the world be made out of LEGO.

It's the first trailer so I imagine the visual will improve for the actual film.

Ninjago is based off a very successful Lego line and it's no surprise WB wanted to do this as a movie. Given how good The Lego Movie and The Lego Batman Movie were, I'll give WAG the benefit of the doubt that this will turn out well

Decided to look at the talent behind the film:

Director: Charlie Bean, who directed the Tron: Uprising animated series that won him an Emmy.

Writers: Hilary Winston, a producer and writer on multiple episodes of Community.

Bob Logan, who wrote episodes for the Dennis the Menace and Ghostbusters' 80s TV series.

Kevin Hageman and Dan Hageman, who provided story/writing credits to the first Lego Movie, Trollhunters, Hotel Transylvania, and the Ninjago TV series.

William Wheeler, who also wrote Queen of Katwe.

Tom Wheeler, who also wrote Puss in Boots.

There's definitely a lot of talent behind the film and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it turns out as good as the previous ones.  That's not even mentioning that Lord and Miller are once again producing.

• Like 1