Sep 22 - 28: 51m

Sep 29 - Oct 5: 35.7m (-30%) / 86.7m

Oct 6 - 12: 21.4m (-40%) / 108.1m

Oct 13 - 19: 15.4m (-28%) / 123.5m

Oct 20 - 26: 11.4m (-26%) / 134.9m

Oct 27 - Nov 2: 7m (-39%) / 141.9m

Final Total: 149.4m (3.83x)

- 

This is actually an interesting one to me because my GF works for LEGO.  Apparently Ninjago is one of their best selling lines.  In fact when it originally came out, it was meant to run for a year to two years and then be retired as most of their lines are, but the fanbase for it proved to be so large and vocal that they've kept it going for almost 8 years now.  A year after it came out, they produced a TV series which has also been ongoing for 7 seasons, though it looks like the movie will be either a retelling or a reboot of the series rather than a continuation.

More importantly to LEGO, and probably more important for the movie, is that Ninjago is the LEGO property that does well in Japan and Asia which has proven to be a difficult market for LEGO to break into for some reason.  Considering the sheer number of sets coming out for this movie - many of which are already out - it's entirely possible that the movie itself only seriously matters to get people to buy the updated sets.  (It'll probably work too, considering how well Ninjago already sells.  Their new green dragon set is pretty cool and I actually want it myself).  Two of the writers on the movie have also written for the Ninjago TV series (as well as writing for The LEGO Movie).

I'm curious if they'll try to release this in China, and how well it will do in Japan.

• Like 3

Hope it does well, if WB continues to produce good quality genuinely family friendly LEGO movies then I think LEGO movies could become a strong brand in itself. And due to the number of pies LEGO has its fingers in and how many brands they have, they could make these endlessly.

• Like 3

Uhm well it seems like the first score on Critics' Choice is 20/100. Not saying it's time to panic but that is shockingly low.

yoqzw8V.png

(since Kingsman was recently mentioned I'll just throw in that opened at 100)

Edited by Lucas

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Uhm well it seems like the first score on Critics' Choice is 20/100. Not saying it's time to panic but that is shockingly low.

yoqzw8V.png

I'm shocked. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

yoqzw8V.png

It says voting in progress for both.

• Like 1