MrPink

The Box Office Knight Rises (PAGE 17, FINAL PART UP, BONUS SPECIAL UPDATED 08/06/2014)

So this is it, the final part. I want to thank everybody for reading, for liking, for commenting, and giving me ideas. I want to thank the entire forum for inspiring me to do the whole thing even if many did not read this. I have no idea. It's been a long eight months and I'm glad to have done it. It's been a lot of work, but it's been very enjoyable and some of my favorite parts on Sunday. I also want to thank Shawn for the forum, because I think it's even better than BoxOfficeMojo and he gave us a haven for all of us to migrate to. This entire story is dedicated to you and even though you're not posting I hope you're out there reading this and enjoying it. I encourage others to check out other people's work, including Jandrew, Spaghetti, Fancyarcher, and Snoopy. We've changed the forums...forever. There's no going back.

Finally, there's going to be a special bonus on Wednesday. I will not reveal what it is, but keep an eye out. After that, I'll ask the mods to keep this pinned for one more week and then ask it to be taken down. So 10 days in total. So here goes.

FINAL PART

It’s a race against time. Fishnets has rendezvoused with the program in the Box Office App while Redfirebird is stuck inside the convoy with it. BoxOfficeMan still has yet to give a chase, but there’s eleven minutes before this forum blows up from pure Marvel Cosmic destruction.

Fishnets: Pull up. Stay level.

Fishnets climbs out of the Box Office App and climbs right into the app carrying the program. At the Mods General Discussion, Sam and BoxOfficeMan prep a strategy.

BoxOfficeMan: We have to force that app over to the Queer As Members thread so we can establish the safety protocols. I need you on the Mobile App, I’ll take The App. Go.

Meanwhile, #ED is still trying to evacuate as much posters as he can, including Spaghetti and Jack Nevada. But aDIM is kind of being a jerk.

#ED: The situation has changed! Your orders are out of date! Now I’m a mod like you, and I’m walking out there! Please do not ban me!

aDIM: Shoot a warning shot.

They fire closely to #ED. #ED doesn’t flinch and continues to move forward. As the convoy circles around, trying to kill time, The App appears behind the Box Office Apps, ready to destroy. RTH is giving guidance from the Queer as Members thread.

RTH: Nothing like a little app superiority.

#ED continues to move forward, making aDIM more and more nervous as he goes along.

aDIM: #ED! PLEASE STOP! STOP! STOP MOVING! …BLOW IT!

They duck down, and aDIM turns to the triggerman. He hesitates for a second

aDIM: DO IT!

The triggerman blows up the link between the forums and the main site, trapping #ED and everybody else left in the forums. #ED is knocked back by the blast. RTH monitors the situation and realizes that there’s only one exit and it’s not enough to get people out of here.

RTH: You have to get that program here, and you’ve got 10 minutes.

BoxOfficeMan acknowledges and begins spraying his weapons as the convoy. His banning cannons don’t seem to deal much damage but the banning rockets force the convoy to change direction.

Fishnets: They’re pushing us to the safety protocols. They’re going to try and reconnect it to prevent the bomb blowing up.

#ED recovers from the explosion but is more concerned about the implications of what has just happened. The kids are going to be banned. All they can do is pray and hope.

#ED: YOU IDIOTS! YOU SONS OF BITCHES! YOU’RE KILLING US! YEAH, FOLLOW YOUR ORDERS!

Spaghetti: Alright boys, it’s time to get in a circle and pray.

The Box Office Apps prepare their defenses and begin firing their weapons at The  App, designed for app warfare. They land a direct hit on The App, but the App is built for forum pacification and withstands it. Box Office Man flies away. But dead ahead is Sam on the Mobile App as she launches her cannons right at one of the Box Office Apps, destroying it into little pieces of code and banning everyone inside. Sam zooms pasts the convoy and spins around, going into pursuit. One of the remaining Box Office Apps lanches surface to air banning missiles to try and take down the App so BoxOfficeMan breaks off to get these missiles off of him.

There’s only six minutes left. #ED is thinking but there’s not much they can do. The only thing he can do is provide the one thing that BKB sought to use as a weapon…hope.

#ED: Hey, Spaghetti, let’s get everybody in the Les Sympathiques thread, okay?! Go go go go, back in the thread!

Spaghetti: There’s nowhere to go!

BoxOfficeMan is still weaving through the threads to dodge these missiles, they’re extremely hard to shake off apparently. On the ground, Sam is still trying to hunt the other two Box Office Apps. She fires from behind and manages to take down other. Her Mobile App runs right through the wreckage and makes a little skip, but she’s able to retain control. Box Office Man pulls up and does a barrel roll in mid air before diving down back towards the forum. He heads right back toward the convoy and squeezes right between two threads, causing one of the missiles to crash before pulling up just above one of the Box Office Apps to cause the Box Office App to collide right with the missile, causing an explosion and flipping over the Box Office App. Only the program remains.

RTH: You’ve got to turn the convoy to the General Topics section!

The App immediately goes off to circle around and face Fishnets head on. BoxOfficeMan fires everything he’s got, any concussive shots, banning guns, cannons, you name it.

Fishnets: Stay straight!

The barrage of weapons continues to assault their app, with the driver succumbing to the strikes…banned. Shawn you murderer! Fishnets tries to take control but before she can regain control, the app crashes into one of the threads, bringing it to a complete stop. Redfirebird humorously climbs out from the back, unscathed. Sam and BoxOfficeMan arrive as well.

Redfirebird: Give me a hand! We can attach it to The App!

Fishnets is barely clinging to life. But she has enough to gloat.

Fishnets: RTH showed me how to override the safety protocols.

At the Queer as Members thread, suddenly it’s attacked by a ton of malware, causing RTH’s systems to go haywire.

RTH: Oh dear.

He rushes off to get out of the thread, but the safety protocols are destroyed in the process. Now there’s no way to stop the program from going off.

Fishnets: There’s no way that this program will be stopped.

Meanwhile at the link, Spaghetti questions #ED’s line of thinking. Shouldn’t they actually be trying some other plan? Or maybe make peace with God?

Spaghetti: What are you doing?

#ED: Protection from the blast, we’re gonna be alright!

Spaghetti: It’s a MARVEL bomb.

#ED: You think they need to hear that right now? You want them to just let them be banned without hope?

Fishnets: Prepare yourselves…Baumer’s work is done.

She pouts before succumbing to the banhammer. BoxOfficeMan realizes they probably just wasted a precious minute, he springs right into action.

Redfirebird: What are you doing?

BoxOfficeMan: I can get the bomb over to SuperHeroHype!

Sam: Set it to fly over to their forums and eject?

BoxOfficeMan: No auto-navigation.

Sam: You could’ve gone anywhere, done anything. But you came back here.

BoxOfficeMan: So did you.

Sam: Well I guess we’re both suckers.

She embraces with Shawn and they give each other a long hard like. They’re kind of in precious supply nowadays, eh? Redfirebird awkwardly stands next by. BoxOfficeMan climbs into the App, ready to make his sacrifice. Red goes to make his finals words.

Redfirebird: I never cared who you were.

BoxOfficeMan: And you were right.

Redfirebird: But shouldn’t people know the man who saved them?

BoxOfficeMan: A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a blanket around a young boy’s profile, letting him know that the internet had not ended.

BoxOfficeMan flies away. Redfirebird steps back and ponders on his last words. And then it dawns on him. He thinks back to the time when he was a rookie a mod.

Redfirebird: ShawnMR?

Duh. Everybody except you knew. But I guess you didn’t care. He was the BoxOfficeMan. #ED finishes getting everybody into the Les Sympathiques thread, unaware of anything that’s going on at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF3dkp0I1-M

#ED: Ok, time for you to go in too Spaghetti.

An explosion flashes from afar. #ED thinks the program is going off.

#ED: Hey, stay down this is it!

As Jack Nevada watches, he sees a figure emerge from the explosion…it’s The App!

Jack Nevada: No, that’s BoxOfficeMan!

The kids all watch in great joy as BoxOfficeMan zooms past them in the direction of SuperHeroHype. #ED is briefly able to rejoice, but then thinks about ShawnMR. Was he in that app? ShawnMR stares into the internet. His decision was made. Long ago. Here at the final moment though, it’s harder to go with such convictions. He gathers his composure and embraces that decision. 5…4…3…2…1…a red flash strikes over SuperHeroHype. Everybody looks away from dat TV cinematography.

Darkelf: That’s detonation! It’s out over SuperHeroHype, where nobody cares!

The mods at the Mods General Discussion cheer as they’ve also managed to round up all the extreme Marvelites under BKB. Only #ED is unhappy. Yes, they weren’t banned, but what of Shawn? What of dickhead aDIM?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Redfirebird: I see a beautiful forum…and a brilliant people rising from this abyss. I see the lives for which I lay down my life…

We see #ED throwing his mod tags away. He doesn’t want to be shackled by the confines of orders and rules. He just wants to do what’s right.

Redfirebird: …peaceful, useful, prosperous, and happy. I see that I hold a sanctuary in their hearts and in the hearts of their descendants…generations hence. It is a far far better thing that I do than I have ever done. It is a far far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

It is revealed we’re at ShawnMR’s funeral. It’s attended by few. Only Accursed Arachnid, RTH, #ED, and Redfirebird. RTH comforts Accursed Arachnid, but Arachnid is unable to hold back the tears. He turns to Brandon Gray’s gravestone.

Accursed Arachnid: I’m so sorry. I failed you. You trusted me. And I failed you.

Redfirebird goes to catch up with #ED.

Redfirebird: Can I change your mind? About leaving the mods?

#ED: You know what you said about structures becoming shackles? You were right, and I can’t take the injustice. I mean, no one’s gonna know who saved an entire forum.

Redfirebird: They know. It was the BoxOfficeMan.

Redfirebird smiles and walks away. At a ceremony celebrating the BoxOfficeMan, a picture that will permanently be in the forums is revealed, showing Zack Galifinakis. The people clap, but Redfirebird sits with a stone face.

Snoopy of Surburbia: Mr. MR’s will was not amended to reflect his more modest estate. Nonetheless, there are considerable assets to dispose of. The contents of the DC Movieverse Discussion are to be sold to settle the estate’s accounts and the remainders left in its entirety to Accursed Arachnid. The actual area and grounds itself are left to the forums of Box Office on condition that it never be deleted, altered, or otherwise interfered with.  That they shall be used for one purpose, and one purpose only. The housing and care of the forum’s snobs, who also happen to like Godzilla or Chris Nolan.

#ED smiles, thankful that ShawnMR was able to give some help, even if he hadn’t in previous months.

Snoopy of Surburbia: And my clerk can help anyone with the smaller correspondences and instructions.

#ED goes to collect some belongings listed in Shawn’s will. Claire Holt assists, doing some legal work on the side (now a doctor!)

#ED: Uh, #ED.

Claire Holt: There’s nothing here.

#ED: Oh. Try my legal username.

Claire Holt: You should use your full name. I like that name. Nicholas.

#ED *cough* Nicholas, smiles and collects the item. Meanwhile, RTH has resumed his position at work. He’s checking with SpatulaShack regarding The App.

Spatulashack: Why are we even worrying about the stabilization software? The auto-navigation system is completely obsolete.

RTH: Please…I just need to know what I could have done to fix it.

SpatulaShack: But, RTH, it’s already been fixed. Software patch, six weeks ago.

RTH: Check the ID on the patch.

SpatulaShack: ShawnMR.

RTH is stunned. And then relieved. A smiles grows on his face. That sand baggin’ son of a bitch, he did it! Meanwhile Snoopy and Claire are checking on the manifest of items remaining to be collected.

Snoopy of Suburbia: Any news on the missing item?

Claire Holt: Not yet.

Snoopy of Suburbia: They better leave no stone unturned, we can’t leave an avatar on the manifest as lost.

#ED has opened his item…it was a list of instructions with some supplies needed to reach his destination. He heads off towards the DC Movieverse section. It leads him to outside the Bat Cave. Accursed Arachnid has taken an extended vacation to AwardsDaily. He goes to his usual spot…it’s the only way to relax for him these days. Redfirebird decides not to retire. It’s his duty to make up for everything he had done. He waits atop the MCU where the Zack Galifinakis symbol used to be. He’s checking his reports when he notices something.

#ED bursts through into the Bat Cave using the supplies given to him. He looks around, unsure of what to expect. He illuminates the area and suddenly out of nowhere, numbers swarm him. He quickly cowers. Accursed Arachnid order a Fernet Branca and downs it all in one go. Redfirebird sees the Zack Galifinakis symbol…restored. He smiles and looks around. Was he still alive? Had somebody taken his mantle? It didn’t matter. It was like seeing an old friend.

After briefly ducking, #ED stands up straight. He lets the numbers embrace him, much like Shawn. #ED moves forward, awaiting his final destination. As Accursed Arachnid pays for his Fernet Branca, he takes a look at the forum and sees…no…how could it be possible? But it is. He nods…with an acknowledgment of pride and relief. As he looks on, ShawnMR sees Arachnid and nods back, smiling. Happy for once, while Sam sits with him. Accursed Arachnid gets up and leaves. He’s seen all he has to…and his work is finished. He is content. #ED takes one more step forward and suddenly…the forums begin shifting. And…

Posted Image

THE BOX OFFICE KNIGHT RISES

Written by MrPink

Story by Christopher Nolan and some other dude we will not mention

Cast (In Order of Appearance):

Redfirebird

Numbers (archive footage)

ChD

Jay Hollywood

CJohn

BKB

Talkie

Riczhang

Reddevil18

Neo

Michael Gary Scott (archive footage)

Accursed Arachnid

Sam

Noctis

Fishnets

ShawnMR

#ED

Bobby John

Mulder

MrPink

Spaghetti

Jack Nevada

David Brennan

Ddddeeee

AC Slater

AJG

Crusader

Holcs

Hatebox

RonSwanson

Kayumanggi

TalismanRing

RTH

Heretic

Notfabio

Alfredstellar

Bcf26

Jessie

Impact

Ozymandias

RichWS

Blankments

Dragon (archive footage)

Adam

FTF

Hilderic

Gopher

Jay Beezy

Tarzan

Darkelf

Fancyarcher

Ethan Hunt

DAR

Baumer

Squaremaster316

Brandon Gray

iJackSparrow

Filmlover

Rukaio101

aDIM

Snoopy of Suburbia

Claire Holt

Spatula Shack

Stay tuned on Wednesday for a special bonus.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 13

So I said I'd have a little surprise. So here they are. Just click the spoilers and enjoy. Thank you for reading!

Cue WB logo and Box Office logos

CJohn: There’s something you should know about me. I specialize in a very different type of security. Internet security.

We see CJohn waking up, alone. Then a shot of him with a banning weapon. He’s loading his gun.

Water Bottle: You’re talking about Forums.

FROM MR PINK

THE CREATOR OF THE BOX OFFICE KNIGHT

Telemachos: Mister CJohn has a job offer he would like to discuss

Claire Holt: Like a work placement?

Brief snippets of Cjohn firing a weapon at some posters and a hype train going right through forum and finally a man getting beaten down by #ED.

CJohn: Not exactly.

The forums are shown, being altered into a state that is not humanly possible.

CJohn: We create the world of the forum. You bring the subject into that forum. And they fill it with their secrets.

Claire Holt: And then you break in and steal it.

CJohn: Well, it’s not strictly speaking legal.

There’s a shot of several posters in zero g gravity.

CJohn: It’s called Box Office Ception

CJohn: I’m ready.

The BWWWWWWWWWWAHM really kicks in. A light flashes before CJohn and the dream forums are revealed. There’s forums within a forum, inside a thread.

CJohn: I think I found a way to exonerate myself from being called a playground predator at 2am in the morning. And this last job…that’s how I get there.

Several shots are shown of CJohn with his love that he made sweet passionate love with at 2am. Gopher is seen jumping away from an explosion.

STARRING CJOHN.

CJohn: Forums feel real while we’re in them. It’s only when we’re in the real life when we realize there was anything strange.

YOUR FORUM

A scene of an exploding app is shown. #ED and Cjohn get into an argument.

CJohn: THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY! WE WERE NOT PREPARED FOR THIS.

CJohn’s sexual buddy has a single tear drip from her eye.

IS THE SCENE OF THE CRIME.

#ED: The forum’s collapsing.

Several threads in various sub forums are shown being blown up. #ED is running when suddenly he’s thrust into mid-air.

CJohn: I have it under control.

CJohn and Claire Holt are sitting at a thread when the thread around them is exploding. #ED is tying up a bunch of posters together. And then we see the final forum state, where threads are collapsing.

#ED: I’d hate to see it out of control.

BOX OFFICE CEPTION

#ED is firing some bullets at some henchman. Gopher appears.

Gopher: You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

He pulls out a big big weapon and fires.

BWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAHM.

Baumer: We use to look at the internet and wonder about our place in the world. Now we just look down and worry about our place in BoxOfficeMojo.

Box Office Logo. WB Logo. Paramount.

Neo (Mission Control): This is Mission Control, wait for T-Minus 10…

Telemachos: We must confront the reality that nothing on this website…can save us.

We see Baumer and his children evacuating the threads after a nasty virus hits.

Neo: 9.

Baumer: I’ve got friends, professor. How long will I be gone?

Neo: 8.

Telemachos: I’m asking you to trust me.

Neo: 7.

Baumer is shown giving someone the thumbs up signal.

Baumer: Claire. You have to talk to me Claire.

Claire Holt ignores Baumer. Baumer is shown giving a hug to Boner Omega.

Neo: 6.

Baumer: We need to fix this before I go.

Claire Holt: But you don’t know when you’re coming back.

Neo: 5…main engines start.

Sam: Couldn’t you have told her you were going to save the world?

Baumer: No.

Neo: 4.

Baumer: When you become a moderator, one thing becomes really clear.

Neo: 3…2…

Baumer drives away to go on his mission. Claire Holt chases him down in hysterics but is held back by Impact.

Baumer: And that’s you wanna make your posters feel like they’ve got a place that they belong.

Neo: 1.

An exploration app is shown launching into the vast depths of the internet. Baumer and Sam cling on for dear life as it launches.

Baumer: I’m coming back.

Claire Holt: When……?!

Baumer: I love you forever.

FROM MR PINK

The exploration app is shown entering a portal.

Reddevil18: Potentially habitable forums, right within our reach.

Sam: Which can save us from extinction.

Baumer: Here we go.

The exploration app lurches forward right into the portal which takes them into another part of the internet.

THE CREATOR OF THE BOX OFFICE KNIGHT SAGA AND BOX OFFICE CEPTION

Reddevil18: You can’t just think about those posters, you gotta think bigger than that.

Baumer: I am thinking about those posters. And thousands of other posters.

THIS NOVEMBER

Sam: Maybe we’ve spent too long trying to figure all this out with theory. Love is the one thing that transcends time and the internet.

Baumer sees Boner Omega on a screen and cries. The app is shown running into a giant giant wall of text.

Telemachos: Do not go gentle into that good night. Old age should burn and rave at close of day. Rage…rage…rage…against the dying of the light.

We see an upside down forum. As Baumer and team go to explore it, something explodes. Frustration is shown among the team.

Sam: We’re not gonna make it!

Baumer: Yes you are.

Baumer: We’ll find a way. We always have.

There’s a shot of a beautiful forum. It’s Box Office Forums.

BOXOFFICESTELLAR

NOVEMBER.

Dashrendar44: Riddle me this, riddle me that. Who’s afraid of the big Chris Nolan?

In an uncertain world…in a chaotic time…justice wears a mask.

A clip of the Box Office App is driving around with apps behind it. We see…#ED. Goons fire at the Box Office App but to no avail.

A different scene is shown with #ED crashing in through a thread.

Dashrendar44: Your entrance was good.

#ED flips and takes down two goons.

Dashrendar44: His was better.

Numbers is shown ridiculously taking sips out of two glasses of champagne at the same time.

Love is a game…

ECSTASY is flirting with #ED.

ECSTASY: What is it about the wrong kind of man?

#ED: It’s the app, right? Chicks dig the app.

Power is a machine.

Dashrendar44 sticks a device on Numbers as information is processed right to his computer.

#ED: Now you’ve devised a way to read posters’ private messages.

Dashrendar44: By the way, I’ve seen your PM’s, freak!

And revenge…is a trap.

Numbers knocks out a mod.

MrPink: Dashrendar44 and Numbers make a pretty lethal combination.

Dashrendar44 punches a mod. It does nothing.

Dashrendar44: Ow!

MrPink: You can train me! Let me your partner!

We see MrPink dressed up in costume.

#ED: Who’s your avatar creator?

MrPink and #ED shakes hands.

Dashrendar44: But first…let’s meet our contestants!

#ED – Box Office Man

#ED beats up some more of Numbers’ goons.

Numbers – Two Face

Numbers: If the BoxOfficeMan wants to play? We’ll play!

DashRendar44 – The Riddler

DashRendar44 laughs maniacally.

Dashrendar44: Was that over the top?

ECSTASY

ECSTASY: Don’t work too late #ED.

#ED is shown walking away and smiling.

A GLORIOUS SHOT OF #ED AND PINK HOLDING HANDS AS THEY’RE FALLING.

MrPink – Robin

Sam: You forgot the part where you give a like to the girl!

MrPink and Sam give each other likes.

An app is shown crashing into the Box Office logo.

Dashrendar44: The real game begins…

#ED gives the thumbs up sign.

Posted Image

Courage now…truth always…#ED and MrPink…FOREVER

#ED and MrPink Forever…in forums, 2015.

We see a poster flying in the air, being videotaped by streams. It’s…

iJackSparrow: You know what it is I love about being one of the lone Spider-Man fans on the forum? Everything.

iJack dodges mods left and right and saves a Spidey fan from being relentlessly attacked.

Sony logo.

Mango: iJackSparrow.

iJackSparrow: Mango.

Mango: It’s been a 10 month ban. What have you been up to?

iJackSparrow: I hound some people on Twitter and stuff…

iJack makes a giant wall of text post.

Mango: Nice arm!

iJackSparrow: It’s just the wrist, it’s all in the wrist…

Mango: iJack, you’re gonna want to see this. BoxOffice has had you under surveillance.

iJackSparrow: Why?

Mango: :qotd:

We see some clips of iJack and his love…Spidey Freak.

iJackSparrow: Nothing is what I thought it was.

ECSTASY: I once told you that reboots have a cost. A sequel to a reboot does too.

iJackSparrow finds a thread with video of his favorite poster.

AccursedArachnid: My name is Accursed Arachnid. I have discovered what Box Office was going to do with my research.

Mango: What is all this?

ShawnMR: The future…

Chewy is shown being experimented on.

ShawnMR: We have plans for you…iJackSparrow.

Chewy: You wanted to be the hero? Now you gotta pay the price.

Chewy is shown engaging in battle with iJackSparrow, zapping him.

Mango: We have the power now. We can change the forum!

Chewy: Let’s go catch a sparrow.

THIS YEAR

iJackSparrow: I made a choice. This is my path.

HIS GREATEST BATTLE

iJack is shown going up against CoolioD1. Then Chewy.

BEGINS

SpideyFreak: This is bigger than you, iJack.

iJackSparrow: I’m the only one who can stop them. I’m iJackSparrow.

Lots of explosions. Choral music to make everything seem super dramatic. iJack then catches Spidey Freak in mid air and hangs on to him for dear life. Mango and iJackSparrow engage in battle.

The Amazingly Stubborn iJackSparrow 2.

iJackSparrow: I gotta go.

SpideyFreak: I’m coming with you.

iJackSparrow: No it’s too dangerous.

He quickly exits and locks the thread.

iJackSparrow: Sorry, I love you, don’t hate me!

SpideyFreak: iJack!

One last shot of CoolioD1 firing missiles at iJack as he gracefully deflects them and then they go head on.

May 2nd.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 10