JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Tintin did get a lot of airplay (never new it was a comic before that though) - i only ever knew the tv series. played a lot on the ABC. in saying that, it's got the must see vibe for christmas. I think 20m is manageable. now just remember that tintin is released on the 26th december in australia. (a monday). It's facing Happy Feet 2 (a big danger I think to this films prospects), tower heist (different genre), and we bought a zoo. Puss in Boots will be already int he market (9th Dec), MI4 from 16th Dec. Alvin 3 hits on the 1st Jan. Sherlocke on the 5th. Muppets on the 12th, Dragon Tattoo (english version - note the foreign version did well here) on the 12th also.It's got a heck of a lot of competition so the film had better be good if it wants to survive.Puss -> 5m ? / 22m MI4 - > 3m (I see a failure here for some reason) / 13mHF2 -> 5m / 30m (depends on quality of film of course) NB 4m is the first full weekend.TH -> 2m/11m (same as HF2)Tin Tin -> 3m / 17m (as per HF2)Alvin 3 -> 6m / 22mSherlock - 8m / 23m (similar to i am legend type run i'm thinking.)Muppets - i have no idea how they will play.DT - not sure how well audiences will take to another version of DT given the first was popular here. (it made over 5m here in basically limited release)

I'm thinking The Muppets will do Yogi Bear numbers, or there abouts.Also, Alvin and Sherlock I feel will go a bit higher. The previous installments were great, especially Sherlock Holmes!