JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

So now we play the waiting game.... 

we know the midnights record and OD records are gone... but it's now a thing of scale.  how much did the old record get beaten by.... 

OD record (DH2 - current) = 7,029,487 on 753 screens (9,335 per screen average)

if SW7 is assumed as a minimum to match that average then on say 900 screens we are talking 8.4m.... To me from the limited info we have so far i'm thinking this figure is closer to 10m right now... now we wait until the godly one updates us.....

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Did it happen?

over/under $10m?

It will go over 9.2 how much yet to be determined, midnights screw tracking , its already +30% over previous OD Record held by DH2 and +67% higher than previous  record Thursday and +56% higher than previous December OD record (of cause Boxing day nat holiday)

Edited by Rth
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Rth said:

It will go over 9.2 how much yet to be determined, midnights screw tracking , its already +30% over previous OD Record held by DH2 and +67% higher than previous  record Thursday and +56% higher than previous December OD record (of cause Boxing day nat holiday)

Fantastic.  What was the previous Thursday opening record holder?  If it follows that what would he rest of the weekend look like?

If it averages $5m per day over the weekend we're looking at a minimum $25m by Sunday.

Hopefully it will pass DH2 first 5 day total in 4 days.

Edited by DeeCee

12 minutes ago, Rth said:

Fantastic.  What was the previous Thursday opening record holder?  If it follows that what would he rest of the weekend look like?

If it averages $5m per day over the weekend we're looking at a minimum $25m by Sunday.

Pretty sure it's still new moon on with about a 5m Thursday for non holidays. Or if u include Boxing Day then TTT I think has it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I'm inclined too see it again on my way home from work tomorrow but there's no good seats left. 

Go new Vmax Hurstville Biggest on the circuit has Atmos

I saw it with ATMOS. At Springfield. Sound was fantastic. (Sadly this is still the only ATMOS near to brisbane - I think pacific fair has it also but that's even further. )

7 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

biggest Thur DOS and Biggest Dec AUJ

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Emperor Jajang said:

Pretty sure it's still new moon on with about a 5m Thursday for non holidays. Or if u include Boxing Day then TTT I think has it.

I might be shooting to low.  A New Moon multiple gives an opening weekend of $29.5m

58 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Did it happen?

over/under $10m?

Suspected that the counting was still happening. Crazy number.

25m + seems on the table now.

How many screens is it playing on RTH?

7 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

biggest Thur DOS and Biggest Dec AUJ

Forgot those 2. Lol

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

I've never been to Hurstville.  Did they just add ATMOS to the existing theatre?  What's the layout like compared to Miranda?

Vmax is new (Nov 2015) and total revamp of other cinemas, 1 less screen now due to space for Vmax screen, Miranda was totally new complex and closure of the old

Edited by Rth
  • Like 1