JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

23 minutes ago, Ball Lightning said:

$5.2m-$5.3m for Friday for a hefty $14.7m total. With a bigger result likely today, the OW record will be obliterated this evening.

$9.4m

$5.3m

$6.1m

$5.5m

Total: $26.3m is my guess.

Australia did the job, and even more B)

Btw I'm starting to think 50m by the end of the 2nd Sunday is on the cards here. I'm just not sure how the 2nd weekend will play with Christmas falling on the Friday. 3rd could be a very minimal drop due to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With presales we're now sitting around how many admits we had on Thursday excluding midnights, which for us is around the same as the Avengers opening day. With plenty of tickets to sell tonight it's going to be a massive day! 3D share is also currently bigger today.

Definitely $6m+, I could easily see it doing over $7m. I would even say $8m is on the cards.

Though to put it in comparison, today's total is only at 60% of the tickets sold for RotK but it's equal in dollars. 

6 hours ago, Ball Lightning said:

Though to put it in comparison, today's total is only at 60% of the tickets sold for RotK but it's equal in dollars. 

Go ROTK!

It was massive. Ah, good times...

Actually go Star Wars. Remember this still had much of the day to play out. 6m sat looks likely with an good shot of 7m+. Good signs.

3 hours ago, Emperor Jajang said:

Actually go Star Wars. Remember this still had much of the day to play out. 6m sat looks likely with an good shot of 7m+. Good signs.

And I meant to say that was against boxing day, which was our sites single biggest day for any one film.

3 hours ago, Emperor Jajang said:

And I meant to say that was against boxing day, which was our sites single biggest day for any one film.

How did the day end? Did it end well above ROTK? Or not so much.

Ps I had already assumed u meant it's Boxing Day gross.

Impressive. Most impressive.

So we've got

Thurs 9.4

Fri 5.3 / 14.7

Sat 6.3 / 21.0

Record gone in 3 days. As RTH said will be at about 26m for the weekend.

Just wow. Basically destroying the record.

• Like 2

Right here's my projections for the next week:

Thurs - 9.4/9.4

Fri - 5.3/14.7

Sat - 6.3/21

Projected -

Sun - 5.2/26.2

Mon - 2.8/29

Tues - 3/32

Wed - 2.5/34.5

Thurs - 2.8/37.3

Fri - 2/39.3

Sat - 5/44.3

Sun - 4.1/48.4 (13.9 2nd weekend)

Is that unrealistic?

• Like 1

Avatar btw took 3 weekends to reach 48m. Also Boxing Day for Star Wars is aligned to avatars run. Avatar got a 10% increase in its 3rd weekend due to this. While SW might not match that, there is no reason to believe that SW isn't close to flat in its 3rd. Even with deeper drops than avatar from that point on, u gotta think 100m is possible.

say 12m 3rd weekend and total around 70m?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Emperor Jajang said:

Avatar btw took 3 weekends to reach 48m. Also Boxing Day for Star Wars is aligned to avatars run. Avatar got a 10% increase in its 3rd weekend due to this. While SW might not match that, there is no reason to believe that SW isn't close to flat in its 3rd. Even with deeper drops than avatar from that point on, u gotta think 100m is possible.

say 12m 3rd weekend and total around 70m?

Holy shit, are you serious? That would be phenomenal. 

If look at the % changes for the last weekend in 2009 most films increased over the Christmas weekend so there is precedent. It's the perfect setup.

even if I'm off on the Xmas weekend - say we only get to 45m. I'm expecting to be over 60m as a min at this point after the 3rd weekend.