11 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

The Amazing Spiderman OD:   €1,100,00 

The amazing spider man 2 OD: €588.782

€ 19.0m Spider-Man 2 (2004)

€ 18.0m Spider-Man 3 (2007)

€ 16.1m Spider-Man (2002)

€ 11.8m The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

€ 9.1m The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

Homecoming will be the worst I think. Maybe it could pass Amazing 2, but if it does very well. I see a 3m OW and 8m by the end of the summer. 

• Like 2

Is there any reason why grosses and admissions have come down significantly in Italy biggies like WW, Mummy, POTC etc.

WW gross looks very bad considering it has good WoM!!!

Sure Genre is one thing but definitely not upto this level!

3 hours ago, Zamor said:

Homecoming will be the worst I think. Maybe it could pass Amazing 2, but if it does very well. I see a 3m OW and 8m by the end of the summer. 

Agree the summer hurt it for sure 

Edited by fabiopazzo2

It's not going to make more than 7 M EU (8 M $) - at least 20% off what TASM2 made.

Moreover the LC has changed. By comparision TASM2 made 13 M $ (and Homecoming will be almost 40% off this) .

It could habe been worse but still it's nothing to be proud of.

On 06/07/2017 at 9:08 AM, Zamor said:

severe franchise fatigue and SH fatigue hit hard.....

26 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

severe franchise fatigue and SH fatigue hit hard.....

nah..people in Italy rarely go to the movies, just compare the box office through the years.

I imagine the weather is fantastic this time of the year...in fact Universal will release DM3 in late August, like Disney did with Finding Dory, just before school starts and summer break finishes

Also exchanges rates changed

My cousin told me SS was huge in Italy but it did "just" $13m total

Edited by XO21

1 minute ago, XO21 said:

nah..people in Italy rarely go to the movies, just compare the box office through the years.

I imagine the weather is fantastic this time of the year...in fact Universal will release DM3 in late August, like Disney did with Finding Dory, just before school starts and summer breaks finish

Yes SS was huge here.

ITS SUMMER IN ITALY. This is a real problem

• Like 1

6 hours ago, XO21 said:

I imagine the weather is fantastic this time of the year...in fact Universal will release DM3 in late August, like Disney did with Finding Dory, just before school starts and summer break finishes

13m for a movie which came out in the middle of August is something unrepeatable.

Italians dont like hollywood blockbuster, they never did. Maybe 50-60 years ago, when italian industry was at its top and it was normal for The Godfather to take 21m italians to the cinema (today it would be almost 140m euros). But they weren't blockbuster yet, they were only huge movies.

Local movies now can do also 50-60-70m (like Quo Vado), but huge hollywood franchises will always do max 25-30m (Star Wars 7) when they are very very lucky. Superheroes bored almost everyone, who knows if Avengers will pass 10m next year.

Anyway as I said, Homecoming will be the worst Spidey here. Huge release as every superhero movie, like if they don't know how much the movie will gross. 800 screens and something like 30 person per show. :lol:

Edited by Zamor

26 minutes ago, Zamor said:

13m for a movie which came out in the middle of August is something unrepeatable.

Italians dont like hollywood blockbuster, they never did. Maybe 50-60 years ago, when italian industry was at its top and it was normal for The Godfather to take 21m italians to the cinema (today it would be almost 140m euros). But they weren't blockbuster yet, they were only huge movies.

Local movies now can do also 50-60-70m (like Quo Vado), but huge hollywood franchises will always do max 25-30m (Star Wars 7) when they are very very lucky. Superheroes bored almost everyone, who knows if Avengers will pass 10m next year.

Anyway as I said, Homecoming will be the worst Spidey here.

The raimi trilogy smash the boxoffice here 

yep , will be the worst Spiderman in Italy . 

4 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

The raimi trilogy smash the boxoffice here 

yep , will be the worst Spiderman in Italy . 

Yes but when we didn't have a superhero movie every month. These movies keeps making a lot of money only in english speaking countries, for many reason. For example, there are british or australian actors in every of these movies, but the main reason is that audience is different.

Italians don't go to the movies like before (we are talking about 110-120m tickets per year now, which is nothing), but for example we watch a lot of television and in some way or another people sees the movies or tv shows. Piracy for movies here is huge. And Netflix came only in 2015 lol.

• Like 2