Plain Old Tele

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

15 minutes ago, Stormagden said:

They didn't bomb but they didn't advertise them at all.

Come on, Central Intelligence was well advertised and it was a nice hit.

Tarzan wasn't advertised really badly either, it actually probably had advertising of a similar vein and budget to this movie. It also did a lot better than most people were expecting and some of it has to be down to marketing.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Come on, Central Intelligence was well advertised and it was a nice hit.

Tarzan wasn't advertised really badly either, it actually probably had advertising of a similar vein and budget to this movie. It also did a lot better than most people were expecting and some of it has to be down to marketing.

Tarzan marketed what it needed to market to draw in its crowd: Vine swinging, Tarzan/Jane romance, and Skarsgaard shirtless.

King Arthur is just marketing visuals and shooting styles that don't look appropriate for a medieval epic.

27 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Tarzan marketed what it needed to market to draw in its crowd: Vine swinging, Tarzan/Jane romance, and Skarsgaard shirtless.

King Arthur is just marketing visuals and shooting styles that don't look appropriate for a medieval epic.

1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

It doesn't look good even when compared with King Arthur from 2004, and that one was a fucking mess that at least had this going for it:

I think its a good trailer, I like the weirdness guy richie gives to it.

• Like 1

http://screenrant.com/king-arthur-legend-sword-shared-universe/

According to producer Lionel Wigram, there had once been talk of a shared King Arthur universe that would have included origin stories for other important characters (via Collider). This talk however was very preliminary at best according to Wigram and there are no plans to further explore Arthurian mythology via a cinematic universe. As he said:

I think that we will go off in our own directions, but hopefully with a nod or a wink to those original stories. There’s certain things that we’re based on, so for example, a guy called Joby Harold, who was the person who came up with the original idea for this particular franchise, and his idea was to have separate origin stories for King Arthur, Lancelot, Merlin… I don’t think we’re quite going to go that way, as things change – we’ll see what happens, we’re making the first movie – but if we do get lucky enough to do more, it’ll be slightly different to that, but it will still be the same idea: to give everybody their separate journey, and in the course of the movie we meet our main characters, in a slightly different way from the original story, and hopefully it reinvents them in a fun way.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DMan7 said:

A Mythology universe would've been better, just lump all those characters belonging to that time period in the same universe of movies and an eventual team up down the road. King Aurthur, Robin Hood, Hercules, Conan etc...

giphy.gif

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Telemachos said:

WAT

No no no no

:lol: 

And it'll be called The Original League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Sequel will bring in additional characters for a rival team such as Gilgamesh, Odysseus, Rama, Arjuna, Brynhildr, etc

• Like 2

Just now, CJohn said:

This is why Trump won.

At least it's not as bad as when they gave Star of Tomorrow to the stars of Sorority Row (remember that I Know What You Did Last Summer ripoff or who was in it other than Carrie Fisher slumming for a paycheck? Yeah, I didn't think so). Like, what kind of bribery was that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

At least it's not as bad as when they gave Star of Tomorrow to the stars of Sorority Row (remember that I Know What You Did Last Summer ripoff or who was in it other than Carrie Fisher slumming for a paycheck? Yeah, I didn't think so). Like, what kind of bribery was that.

The only thing I remember is that movie bombing on an epic way.

• Like 1