Plain Old Tele

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

I don't know how to embed Twitter here but here are the latest reactions:

1 minute ago Me and little man got to see king Arthur... Logan loved it.

10 minutes ago Attended screening, stylish, modernized dialogue, moved quickly, humor. Liked it very much!

13 minutes ago Just finished the early screening of ! It was awesome!!! Definitely seeing again&will preorder blu-ray!Need a Sequel!

25 minutes agoTy to & for allowing me to be Everyone should check it out in theaters May12th!

25 minutes ago Saw the movie (out in 2 weeks). Felt like my senses were assaulted for 2 hours. Napped somewhere in the middle. Duncan liked it.

I read a reaction that said it's Guy Ritchie's Warcraft :lol: 

Spoiler

Jude Law also screams into a severed ear :jeb!: 

• Like 2

More reactions (no selection, just the next most recent) and I stop:

36 minutes ago Just saw I think you got a hit on your hands Great Movie. Can't wait for more

38 minutes ago The version of 'King Arthur' you haven't seen! Dark, edgy, & elegantly wielded by a mastercraftsmen! ...

39 minutes ago Replying to Yeaaa, that movie was epic.

52 minutes ago was absolutely awesome!!!

54 minutes ago Wow! I've never seen a movie like that. Camelot by way of a Guy Ritchie heist film with magic and maximum swagger.

55 minutes ago Just got out screening surprise it was much better than expected & the best film to date.

3 minutes ago For every good thing dose it also dose something bad. Amazing action,rushed character development.

3 minutes ago just saw the movie! It was awesome! Great sound and cool special effects. Charlie Hunnam did a great job

Not that you should believe them but it looks a bit better than "mixed" to me... About what you would expect from people seeing a movie in advance for free. Anyway, I for one feel the hype!

• Like 2

I saw the film tonight here in the US.

- The CGI is really messy in many parts

- The action is sometimes hard to follow

- The film, many times, is basically fast cut montage after fast cut montage after another

- I really liked the cast. They all played well off each other and Charlie was very charming and charismatic

- The film uses different pieces of rock music or music that sounds like it would fit in this world, and its really badass

- It utilizes alot of slo-mo....alot. But I didn't mind it. Its a very stylish film, very cool. It has a charm to it. 

- Final battle seems to come have come from a scene from The Witcher universe. Hardcore shit, really metal.

- Alot of the jokes land. My audience ate it up.

In short, I had a fun time. It did sometimes come across as very lengthy, and not alot of scenes were able to breath on their own, but it was a good time.

I don't see this doing well with critics at all, to be honest. But I bet audiences will like it. Its a crowdpleaser for sure.

• Like 13

YEASS!!

The Shay expects nothing but the best from this year's May! All four weeks - nothing but 10/10s!! (well, excluding the probably useless Alien 5, of course)

Guardians Two!

Guy Ritchie period action!!

Return of Captain Depp after 10 years!!!

Does it get any better than this?? (rhetorical question)

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

I saw the film tonight here in the US.

- The CGI is really messy in many parts

- The action is sometimes hard to follow

- The film, many times, is basically fast cut montage after fast cut montage after another

- I really liked the cast. They all played well off each other and Charlie was very charming and charismatic

- The film uses different pieces of rock music or music that sounds like it would fit in this world, and its really badass

- It utilizes alot of slo-mo....alot. But I didn't mind it. Its a very stylish film, very cool. It has a charm to it. 

- Final battle seems to come have come from a scene from The Witcher universe. Hardcore shit, really metal.

- Alot of the jokes land. My audience ate it up.

In short, I had a fun time. It did sometimes come across as very lengthy, and not alot of scenes were able to breath on their own, but it was a good time.

I don't see this doing well with critics at all, to be honest. But I bet audiences will like it. Its a crowdpleaser for sure.

:cloud9:

• Like 3

I'll also say this might share the fate of Man From UNCLE: Low box office intake, but future cult hit status.

Only difference being I do see King Arthur making more than Man From UNCLE, with a lesser critical reception. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

I'm liking what I'm hearing. It's probably a mess, but as long as it's a fun mess, I'll be happy. My expectations weren't exactly high to begin with. :lol:

Its definitely a mess, alright.

But a mess with attitude.

Edited by UNDERDOG
  • Like 5

Movie felt way longer then it was pointless side plots and Charlie was better then he was in Pacific rim but eh he just isn't ready to headline a film. I did love the first 15-20 minutes though. I gave it a 5.5/10 my friend gave it a 7.5/10 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, theStun said:

Movie felt way longer then it was pointless side plots and Charlie was better then he was in Pacific rim but eh he just isn't ready to headline a film. I did love the first 15-20 minutes though. I gave it a 5.5/10 my friend gave it a 7.5/10 

He's quite great in The Lost City of Z. I honestly think he's much more at home playing complicated characters than at being an action hero so hopefully he can carve out a nice career for himself in that arena.