Plain Old Tele

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I kinda feel bad for Charlie Hunnam. Finally had his "he can actually act" moment (The Lost City of Z) and the studio decided to be mean enough to finally unleash this flop in waiting around the same time.

giphy.gif

He had already proven he could act.

• Like 7

Originally, AMC was to screen the movie at 150 sites across the nation, but upped that to 50 when the gratis RSVPs began to book up.

While it is an interesting marketing strategy and may or may not help the movie at the box office, I am not sure I understand the logic there. Of course people want to watch a movie for free, but wouldn't the optimal number of sites have been calculated in advance by Warner? What do they get from this extension?

7 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

While it is an interesting marketing strategy and may or may not help the movie at the box office, I am not sure I understand the logic there. Of course people want to watch a movie for free, but wouldn't the optimal number of sites have been calculated in advance by Warner? What do they get from this extension?

I would imagine you want those experience to have a full or almost full theater, not only for the better ambiance and people liking their experience more, but because like you said what it would look like if it is not even able to get people in when it is free, I would imagine that the ideal number depend a little bit on the demand.

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I would imagine you want those experience to have a full or almost full theater, not only for the better ambiance and people liking their experience more, but because like you said what it would look like if it is not even able to get people in when it is free, I would imagine that the ideal number depend a little bit on the demand.

The quote I gave wasn't clear by it was upped by 50, from 150 to 200.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/king-arthur-legend-of-the-sword-amc-theatres-previews-sell-out-1202079164/

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

I enjoy Guy Ritchie's style even though some people describe it as 'messy.'

I enjoy Ritchie's style, too. I just don't think it's right for *every* kind of project. For a '60s era spy caper, it's perfect. For a medieval era fantasy epic, it looks ugly.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 2

On 4/28/2017 at 2:07 PM, Fancyarcher said:

"90% of this film felt more like if you gave Uwe Boll a 100m dollars budget and told him to make a King Arthur film with giant elephants swinging metal balls everywhere in the first frames of the film,

Reveal hidden contents

- Fuck this sounds bad! 

The funniest thing about this is that it was his first movie of the night and he said he wanted to go home, but at least the second had to be better.

It was The Circle.  :lol:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The funniest thing about this is that it was his first movie of the night and he said he wanted to go home, but at least the second had to be better.

It was The Circle.  :lol:

His review for The Circle wasn't even as hilarious, but that's mostly because he had already unleashed most of his rage at King Arthur. 

So much for it being another CHIPS / Power Rangers for him, though. Oof!

• Like 2