grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Taking down Deathly Hallows 2 to be WB's biggest movie ever

Casting Schumer may be a positive move (I'm not a fan, but others seem to love her). But it's hard to see how having a size 6/8 Barbie is radically more inclusive than casting the typical size 0/2. That's how Hollywood views women's body types, however. If we're not built like stick insects, they treat us like freaks. Invisible freaks.

Had Sony chosen Rebel Wilson instead of Schumer it would have been more of a statement. The cranial explosions would have been much more enjoyable.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Casting Schumer may be a positive move (I'm not a fan, but others seem to love her). But it's hard to see how having a size 6/8 Barbie is radically more inclusive than casting the typical size 0/2. That's how Hollywood views women's body types, however. If we're not built like stick insects, they treat us like freaks. Invisible freaks.

Had Sony chosen Rebel Wilson instead of Schumer it would have been more of a statement. The cranial explosions would have been much more enjoyable.

no wink rebel wilson

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Talkie said:

I would have actually much  preferred Rebel to Amy, I find Rebel to be much funnier. I liked Amy's brand of humor for a little while, but her schtick gets old fast.

• Like 1