Very nice number. I haven't checked but I want to say that it's the fourth highest this year. Might be wrong. I think that's okay for Baby Driver? Can't think of any comps right this second but it seems good for what it is.

@Rth Homecoming, would you happen to have the percentage that was from the IMAX screen for Dunkirk? It's been almost 100% full every time I checked. Even the 9PM session I went to on Sunday night was entirely sold out.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Very nice number. I haven't checked but I want to say that it's the fourth highest this year. Might be wrong. I think that's okay for Baby Driver? Can't think of any comps right this second but it seems good for what it is.

@Rth Homecoming, would you happen to have the percentage that was from the IMAX screen for Dunkirk? It's been almost 100% full every time I checked. Even the 9PM session I went to on Sunday night was entirely sold out.

Yes 4th

Imax was huge  in Queen st complex it was over 70% of its total and the Imax screen alone was over 60% higher than the #2 location

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rth Homecoming said:

Yes 4th

Imax was huge  in Queen st complex it was over 70% of its total and the Imax screen alone was over 60% higher than the #2 location

Good lord. That's pretty insane. I thought it would be around 40%.

Edited by aabattery

@aabattery

How was the WOM leaving your 1.43 Laser IMAX show? I've seen it three times in Laser IMAX with the full 1.43 aspect ratio and there was a shitload of great buzz leaving the theater. I really do think it's gonna have extremely strong WOM in "true IMAX" (70mm IMAX/1.43 Laser IMAX). Should help the late legs in all countries where it gets to keep these IMAX screens for a number of weeks.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

@aabattery

How was the WOM leaving your 70mm IMAX show? I've seen it three times in Laser IMAX with the full 1.43 aspect ratio and there was a shitload of great buzz leaving the theater. I really do think it's gonna have extremely strong WOM in "true IMAX" (70mm IMAX/1.43 Laser IMAX). Should help the late legs in all countries where it gets to keep these IMAX screens for a number of weeks.

Definitely seemed really positive from what I overheard. Lots of people were saying it was intense (must have heard at least 5 different groups say that) and I heard someone else say it was "weird but a good weird." I think it'll hold well next weekend; there should be a lot of spillover from people who missed out on seeing it in IMAX this weekend.

You can see how it's selling on this page (just hover over the times and it gives you an option to see available seats). Not selling as strong as in the weekend, but that's pretty expected.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aabattery said:

Even the 9PM session I went to on Sunday night was entirely sold out.

Aye, I was at that showing as well.

I'm thinking this will hold quite well, especially IMAX, not certain about standard 2D.  

• Like 1