Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

Neo

Beauty & The Beast | March 17, 2017 | New Trailer on Page 72

Ray G    211

I think this will be the biggest live-action Disney remake yet. Beloved movie, iconic songs and sets, fantastic casting. 

Neo    10,726

I think this will be the biggest live-action Disney remake yet. Beloved movie, iconic songs and sets, fantastic casting. 

Bigger than AIW?

Ray G    211

Bigger than AIW?

That's the high-water mark, obviously. I think it's possible. I have no clue how that one opened so high, but assuming this is done in 3D (almost a certainty) and is promoted effectively, it could happen. Many people consider this the best Disney movie, myself included. 

I kind of doubt it'll open as high, but the legs might be better. 

Edited by Ray G

ChD    8,120

Emma Watson. Check. Awesome.

Stephen Chbosky. Check. Interesting.

Bill Condon. Check. Uhm...?

I'm really happy for her, though. Like really, really happy.

• Like 1

Blankments    25,432

I just made this in CAYOM and made 400M DOM off it

If Hollywood wants to continue ripping off my ideas, I beg you, please give me Chris Pratt as Gaston

• Like 1

Blankments    25,432

Most likely, I'd guess Chris Pine as Gaston though...

That said, whenever this opens, it'll be huge. Like double Into the Woods numbers minimum

• Like 2

CoolioD1    57,316

Most likely, I'd guess Chris Pine as Gaston though...

That said, whenever this opens, it'll be huge. Like double Into the Woods numbers minimum

Chris Pine already did it in into the woods. no way. channing tatum. book it now.

• Like 1

Blankments    25,432

Chris Pine already did it in into the woods. no way. channing tatum. book it now.

That's exactly why I think they'll get him lol

Tatum can't sing. I've heard him, yes. GET PRATT OR GET OUT DISNEY

Cochofles    9,246

All these other movies had an immediate hook. Burton on Alice, Raimi on Oz, Jolie on Maleficent, Branagh on Cinderella, Wright on Pan but there is nothing that can make this or Favreau's Jungle Book appealing.

Are you serious? The fact that Hermione is cast as Belle is the most obvious hook. She is all ready to become a full-fledged movie star in her own right, and this is the perfect vehicle. Not to mention that this is a live action remake of an iconic, beloved animated movie. That in and of itself is another hook. If Bill Condon manages to recapture his DREAMGIRLS mojo with this, the film will be a smash.

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 5

Ethan Hunt    16,191

All these other movies had an immediate hook. Burton on Alice, Raimi on Oz, Jolie on Maleficent, Branagh on Cinderella, Wright on Pan but there is nothing that can make this or Favreau's Jungle Book appealing.

I agree about Jungle Book, but this Is fucking Beauty and the Beast. That's enough to get people interested right there.

• Like 2