The Eternal Camping Indiegogo campaign by Water Bottle is now live! Check it out, donate, spread the word!

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Neo

Beauty & The Beast | March 17, 2017 | New Trailer on Page 72

4,933 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Did you see it in 3D or is that dark in 2D. Disappointing if so.

2D. Can you imagine if it was 3D? Oh my God. In 2D the night scenes (and like the entire movie takes place at night, of course) you really have to strain/pay attention to get everything. And even daylight scenes aren't as bright/colorful as you'd expect them to be, given the movie.

1 minute ago, Travod said:

2D. Can you imagine if it was 3D? Oh my God. In 2D the night scenes (and like the entire movie takes place at night, of course) you really have to strain/pay attention to get everything. And even daylight scenes aren't as bright/colorful as you'd expect them to be, given the movie.

Damn.  Why so they do that?  Were they trying to hide the sets and VFX?  :P

Edited by TalismanRing

13 minutes ago, Travod said:

Saw it last night and it was aight. Way too visually dark (seriously, this and Fantastic Beasts, WTF is going on with the cinematography/coloring in these movies? I can't see anything!). Did nothing exciting or potentially artistic, just a very safe remake I guess. Boring. Josh Gad's one-liners were all pretty much actually laugh out loud moments. Emma Watson's autotune sounded a little weird, especially in the first song.

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Did you see it in 3D or is that dark in 2D. Disappointing if so.

I think it really depends on the theater. I saw it in 3D and it wasn't dark at all.

1 minute ago, Apollo2xx said:

I think it really depends on the theater. I saw it in 3D and it wasn't dark at all.

Hmmm, sound like it may be a lighting issue.  Thanks. 

According to THR,BaTB screened for academy members and the responce was "through the roof".They say that nomination in visuals,costumes,sound mixing & editing and production design are like and an even higher possibility are nominations for one or two of the original songs.

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

According to THR,BaTB screened for academy members and the responce was "through the roof".They say that nomination in visuals,costumes,sound mixing & editing and production design are like and an even higher possibility are nominations for one or two of the original songs.

I highly doubt it gets visuals, sound mixing and editing noms. The rest are probably pretty likely.

1 person likes this

God damn it!!!
I just came back from my showing and This movie is so beautiful!!
It's not only remind us but also bring us nostalgia about the 1991 classic animated.
Beautiful music and visual + Amazing performance from the cast really make this movie special.
That dance scene is my favorite . I got the feel when I watching it.. So romantic!!
And also Emma Watson is bae

I will laugh my ass off if this gets a sound mixing nomination. The lip syncing in Belle was fucking AWFUL.

4 people like this

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I will laugh my ass off if this gets a sound mixing nomination. The lip syncing in Belle was fucking AWFUL.

Visuals as well. I've only seen the trailers but they still got a mad case of uncanny valley.

If it gets editing I'll be sad because that'd mean we had a really weak crop of awardsy movies. 

2 people like this

I'm confident that by the end of the year there'll be other blockbuster candidates people will feel more passionate about

BatB opened too early in the year for the Academy to nominate it tbh

Plus like @tribefan695 said, there will be more Oscar-worthy blockbusters after this

1 person likes this

‘Beauty And The Beast’ Malaysia Release Set With No Cuts, Local Cinemas Say

It looks like Beauty And The Beast will have a happy ending in Malaysia after all. The country’s largest cinema chain, Golden Screen Cinemas, tweeted today that the film will be released on March 30 with no cuts and rated PG-13. The news comes after the local censor sought over four minutes of edits “involving a gay moment” which Disney refused. The Mouse postponed the release last week saying the film “has not been and will not be cut for Malaysia.”

The movie was then submitted to the Film Appeals Committee, a separate body to the censorship board, which has the power to reverse the board’s decision. It was known that the Committee was screening the film today. There has been no official confirmation from Disney Malaysia, although Golden Screen Cinemas also wrote on its Facebook page, “This is official from Disney. No cuts. PG13. 30 March. GET YOURSELF READY!” Deadline has reached out.

7 people like this

Welp, I still gotta check out this Beast. NCAA Tournament tossed a wrench in my catching it Thursday through Sunday.

2 people like this

7 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I noticed it the most in her very first scene. Maybe it was just as bad throughout but I didn't notice but that first scene was awful. 

I think Costume Design is the most obvious potential nomination, with Production Design feasible as well. Not sure it could get anything else.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Spaghetti by the Sea said:

I think Costume Design is the most obvious potential nomination, with Production Design feasible as well. Not sure it could get anything else.

i think one of the new songs as well. that's probably the max.

2 people like this

Disney is very happy with how strong this movie is. They might entertain prequel or spin off ideas. 

“We knew we wanted Belle to be a more empowered character, an ambitious, innovator version of the ’91 film,” Bailey said. “Emma embodied those things in her own life and it showed in her performance. Alan had the very long relationship with her from the Harry Potter films, and very early on he spoke about her traits, her activism, her work with the UN.” An unexpected byproduct was her voracious social media following. “The first teaser trailer was viewed by more than 90 million, and almost half of them came from one of Emma’s vast social media channels. Imagine, 40 million plus views through her social media channels."

"All this emboldened Disney to undertake what became the most expensive live-action musical ever made, at a cost of around $160 million. That required a box office haul of $375 million worldwide to break even. The studio will hit that mark before its second weekend. There are currently no plans for a sequel and the studio — perhaps with Alice Through The Looking Glass as a reminder — won’t try to force one. It will explore possible spinoff and prequel scenarios, Bailey said."

http://deadline.com/2017/03/beauty-and-the-beast-sean-bailey-disney-emma-watson-1202047710/