Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Neo

Beauty & The Beast | March 17, 2017 | New Trailer on Page 72

4,959 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, arpiaaaa said:
tumblr_omvsq5x5961rf73xqo1_500.png
tumblr_omvsq5x5961rf73xqo2_500.png
tumblr_omvsq5x5961rf73xqo3_500.png
tumblr_omvsq5x5961rf73xqo4_500.png
tumblr_omvsq5x5961rf73xqo5_500.png
tumblr_omvsq5x5961rf73xqo6_500.png
tumblr_omvsq5x5961rf73xqo7_500.png

All that gold looks tacky and gross

1 person likes this

Just now, franfar said:

All that gold looks tacky and gross

But enough about Trump's penthouse.

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

But enough about Trump's penthouse.

Image result for trump gold penthouse

yuck

The top room in the photos is Melinia's ?

1 person likes this

57 minutes ago, Harley said:

The top room in the photos is Melinia's ?

Dead.

Just saw this finally. Really good for the most part. I have the same problem with this as I did with the animated version, though...

...the prince was way cuter as the Beast.

So I'm thinking BatB will get 3 Oscar Nominations: Best Art Direction, Best Visual Effects, and Best Orginal Song (Evermore), with a possible 4th for Costumes. 

2 minutes ago, Kalo said:

So I'm thinking BatB will get 3 Oscar Nominations: Best Art Direction, Best Visual Effects, and Best Orginal Song (Evermore), with a possible 4th for Costumes. 

Image result for nope gif

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Image result for nope gif

It's visuals were not perfect, especially the beast, but almost all the living furniture was pretty real looking imo, it has never really been done before and the fact that it didn't look creepy or awful is a testament in itself, I think it has a pretty good shot at it at least. and it's not like films that didn't have VFX that work 100% haven't been nominated before.

Edited by Kalo

Is there any chance this will make it to $500 million domestic? 

On 2/28/2017 at 10:56 AM, Xenophilius said:

The name of the Beast is Adam (I thought it was said in Enchanted Christmas, but I think in the broadway show he was given the name Adam?) 

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_(Disney) 

Initially the crew said they forgot to give him a name and never corrected it. Then his name was said to be Adam in a CD-ROM and a few things of merchandise.  Then Paige O'Hara (Belle's voice acress) said his name was Adam, and Dan Stevens (his actor in the live-action one) also recently said his name was Adam, so yeah, pretty sure his name can be considered to be Adam now.

Edited by FrozenUnicorn

On 4/2/2017 at 6:20 PM, Xillix said:

Just saw this finally. Really good for the most part. I have the same problem with this as I did with the animated version, though...

...the prince was way cuter as the Beast.

When I saw Prince Adam in the live-action version, I actually first thought "He looks like Raoul de Changey from the Phantom of the Opera movie in 2004!" XD

Anyway, saw the movie yesterday and really liked it, more than I was expecting to, actually.  I thought having LeFou be implied to be gay was shoehorned in and didn't need to be there, but I loved the costumes, additions to the plot, and songs.  Evermore was AMAZING, I fell in love with it, and I totally wish it had been in the animated version as well.

So it seems like BATB is a huge hit in Japan and may finish with 100mil +, and it has about 30 mil left in the tank in the US, and 40 mil in other contries,does any one else thinks it can crawl to 1.3 billion world wide 

2 people like this

Alright... Caught this with a friend. She and I rated this in the D+/C- range. That aside, love seeing movies explode at the box office. Coming a very, very solid $9M+ weekend, with $470M+ DOM in the bank, does Beast have an outside shot at $500M+ DOM still? Hoping it gets there.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

It will probably get to mid to high 490s without any help. It's up to Disney if they want to push it above $500 million.

3 people like this