Ash Skywalker

I Saw the Light | Tom Hiddleston

Deadline reports he’s lining up a role as Hank Williams in the feature I Saw the Light, which will come from director Marc Abraham (Flash of Genius). Based on Colin Escott‘s biographyhttp://thefilmstage.com/news/ryan-gosling-and-russell-crowe-may-be-shane-blacks-nice-guys-tom-hiddleston-will-sing-as-hank-williams/

Edited by Ash Skywalker
  • Like 1

Deadline reports he’s lining up a role as Hank Williams in the feature I Saw the Light, which will come from director Marc Abraham (Flash of Genius). Based on Colin Escott‘s biography

http://thefilmstage.com/news/ryan-gosling-and-russell-crowe-may-be-shane-blacks-nice-guys-tom-hiddleston-will-sing-as-hank-williams/

Posted Image

• Like 1

When I first learned that Hiddleston was going to play Hank Williams I thought it was a bad idea, too. But on reflection I remembered so many actors who seemed at first glance miscast but went on to give great performances. Who would have thought that Jamie Foxx would make a perfect Ray Charles? Definitely not me, but he nailed the role. Same with Sissy Spacek as Loretta Lynn in Coal Miner's daughter. Spacek was a somewhat controversial choice because she didn't resemble Lynn in any way, and yet she won the audience over (and an Academy Award). There have been too many other such examples that it's strange that so many of us don't give actors the benefit of the doubt more often when they seem miscast (myself included),

With those and other performances in mind, I think it's way too early to pass judgement on Hiddleston just yet. He is a fine actor who has every chance of turning in a good performance in the role. 

• Like 4