CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

Shane Black

on the time period: This one will be set in present day.

on bringing Arnold back: I think it’s something we’re looking into, and as this thing evolves and takes on more of a shape, we’ll figure out how best to honor the tradition of what is really a remarkable first movie and even parts of the rest of them as well.

on the scale of the film: I mean, there’s great Predator movies, but to actually play with the idea of making it an event, not necessarily in scale — it doesn’t have to be huge — but it just has to feel like a Predator movie you want to see in the summer and line up for it. And that’s what we’re going for. Let’s get back to the excitement and innovation of that original movie where it felt fresh.

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/shane-black-discusses-the-predator-and-schwarzenegger-127

• Like 2

The Rock is in talks :ohmygod: https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4k3hi6/hey_rmovies_shane_black_here_ive_made_films_like/

Next I'm tackling The Predator franchise (my character died in the first one). Also, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is in talks to play a wonderful character named Doc Savage. If you know who that is, you get bonus points. Fire away! AMA

On 5/22/2016 at 11:03 PM, John Marston said:

sadly wouldn't be surprised if he demands too much money and they decide not to agree.

I don't think he will.  It's not like he's any kind of a draw anymore.  He'll be happy to be back in a film that matters, I would hope.