Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

Neo

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 | 5.5.2017 | William Hurt Returns as General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross | New Trailer on Page 69

cheesypoofs    1,250
17 hours ago, Subzero said:

Enjoyed this Movie, although I thought the First was better.

Same here. I thought that the first half was inferior to the first with the second half being superior. I obviously enjoyed the film and even though I thought that the second half was better, that's too inconsistent for me to say it was better than the first.

ZeeSoh    512

Guardians2 has now passed Guardians 1(adjusted) and Deadpool(unadjusted). 

It should pass Deadpool(adjusted) and Spiderman 2(unadjusted) after next weekend. 

It's weekend hold is also better than AOU and the gross is almost the same. AoU made another 21 million from now on. If guardians follows that it will get to about 387. Since guardian is holding better than AoU it is possible it can do 390+. Over Iron Man 1 adjusted (~392) would be phenomenal

• Like 2

Ocho    231

Posted by James Gunn last week.....

e65cf4e718d633099f12017bbe42f76f.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

ZeeSoh    512

Guardians has now overtaken Spiderman 2 (unadjusted) and Deadpool (adjusted). 

The only other movie left that it has a realistic chance of overtaking is Iron Man 1 (adjusted) which made 392 million. It is going to get very close

• Like 1

Blankments    25,414

This works well on rewatch, but it's still one of the most confused I've felt about summer blockbuster in quite sometime

YourMother    5,412
Just now, Cochofles said:

Thanks. 

She's not as bad as Ronan or Malekith but she's alright but forgettable like most MCU villains.

• Like 2

4815162342    51,242

They don't give her much to work with in the movie. She does well with the material she gets.

• Like 1

The Futurist    21,993

The word fun comes up a lot with this movie and I won't deny it has humor in spades BUT

this is also a Tragedy that broke my heart.

And I think that s the biggest misconception some people/detractors have about the MCU.

To some people, humor is somewhat too prevalent, the tone kinda annoys them, it s not serious enough, not gritty enough, and they don't think the characters arcs are interesting or work that well, which to me is false.

I think the MCU balances greatly its humoristic tone with great stories and characters and there are  interesting themes addressed too.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 8

Gamora    345
1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

So Disney is ditching 3D for 4K then. Welp.

In the US perhaps. Internationally it's still around, my Zavvi steelbook I have preordered has it, so I'm set. 

• Like 1

Cochofles    9,055
4 hours ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Man, the window from release date to DVD/Blu-ray keeps getting smaller, it seems.  

If I skip going to see something in the theater, I blink and it's already at Redbox.

To be honest, nowadays, unless it is a movie that I REALLY want to/have to see on the big screen (Wonder Woman, Avatar anything), I just wait until it's on DVD. It really won't kill me to literally wait a couple of months in some cases for the film to be released to HV. :D