Ash Skywalker

Mad Max: Fury Road OS Thread | $221.1m OS | $374.7m WW

WB and Village Roadshow likely decided that San Andreas (June 2nd in China) is a safer bet for that market and threw their weight behind it instead. On a related note:

pacific rim got sequel with

400M worldwide

200M budget

So mad max 2 will be made with 350M

PR is getting a sequel because it was a huge surprise hit in a market that's growing at a dizzying rate. Fury Road could do that in theory, but I very much doubt it'll have the same outsized success in China, partly because of audience tastes and partly because it will be a late release if it opens there at all (PR opened in China two weeks behind the U.S., but FR might well not open before July).

Edited by Bob Violence
  • Like 1

All films had huge Saturday increases and good Sunday holds which tells me there was not much front loading and this should play out well over the next month. It should definitely hit over 200m OS. If China gets a release I could easily see it hitting 100m there (being an excellent action spectacle with little dialogue)

Edited by eXtacy

All films had huge Saturday increases and good Sunday holds which tells me there was not much front loading and this should play out well over the next month. It should definitely hit over 200m OS. If China gets a release I could easily see it hitting 100m there (being an excellent action spectacle with little dialogue)

I fear there wont be a China release...

Mad Max: Fury Road rolled to a weekend gross of $38.2 million on 14,172 screen from 70 markets. Overseas, George Miller's long awaited fourth installment has taken in $124.3 million and $212 million globally. International IMAX screens accounted for $1.8 million this weekend from 137 locations. Max retained its top spot in South Korea, beating out Spy and a local drama, and dropped only 8% for $6.1 million and a $14.9 million cume. The film took second behind PP2 in the UK/Ireland with $4.0 million, bring its 10-day total to $14.8 million. Other strong holds in the second frame include Australia ($3.35 million/$10 million cume), France ($3.3 million, $10.6 million cume), Russia ($2.9 million, $10.3 million cume), Brazil ($2.4 million/$7.1 million cume), Germany ($1.7 million/$5.3 million cume), and Mexico ($1.5 million/$5.8 million cume)

• Like 4