Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

kayumanggi

KRAMPUS | 12.4.15 | Universal | final domestic gross: $42,725,475

I'm super glad the trailers are just teasing the design of the Krampus rather than outright showing it. 

The director's twitter does tease a bit more of its design though

CKYlBGPUwAAlMSa.jpg

Edited by Yandereprime

Krissykins    4,425

This has the worst release date of the year, first weekend in December.

Playing for Keeps, Armored, Brothers, Pyramid, Everybody's Fine, Punisher War Zone, Aeon Flux, Nativity Story, Turistas, Killing Them Softly, Homefront.

Literally can't find a hit that opened the weekend after Thanksgiving and I looked back to 2006.

It's been 10 years since a film that opened on that weekend grosses more than $10m. And it was Aeon Flux.

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

Alpha    7,607

Playing for Keeps, Armored, Brothers, Pyramid, Everybody's Fine, Punisher War Zone, Aeon Flux, Nativity Story, Turistas, Killing Them Softly, Homefront.

Literally can't find a hit that opened the weekend after Thanksgiving and I looked back to 2006.

It's been 10 years since a film that opened on that weekend grosses more than $10m. And it was Aeon Flux.

That's because whatever has been released in the post-Thanksgiving slot hasn't been very appealing.

If Universal and Legendary can make this look worth seeing, then it could do sizable numbers.

Personally, I'm predicting a $16 million OW/$49 million DOM.

• Like 1

Eh, Pyramid was barely released in theaters at all, somewhere in the 600+ screens

• Like 1

BourneFan #1    1,017

The trailer seemed off to me. I think the trailer wanted to show off the horror aspect of the film but I think the actual film will have more comedy than horror.

• Like 1

Talkie    6,235

I read an interview with a cast member and he called it a family film, that pretty much killed my interest.

It could be a 'family film' in the same way that the original Poltergeist was -- a family being terrorized in their own home by demonic beings. That's fun, if it's scary enough.

Boxofficerules    332

It could be a 'family film' in the same way that the original Poltergeist was -- a family being terrorized in their own home by demonic beings. That's fun, if it's scary enough.

Yeah but Poltergeist came out at a time when you could get away with shit in PG13 rated movies ( and that one was PG). Now you can't get away with shit.

MovieMan89    11,802

The Visit is pretty bad, also I wouldn't really call it a horror movie.

I dunno. Seeing that much of ol' Nana is the biggest scare at the movies I've had in ages.  ;)

Talkie    6,235

Yeah but Poltergeist came out at a time when you could get away with shit in PG13 rated movies ( and that one was PG). Now you can't get away with shit.

Jurassic World is a PG-13 movie, as bloody and gory as it is. The ratings board has its quirks but filmmakers can get by with a lot, so long as it involves extreme violence and not sex.

Boxofficerules    332

Jurassic World is a PG-13 movie, as bloody and gory as it is. The ratings board has its quirks but filmmakers can get by with a lot, so long as it involves extreme violence and not sex.

No, no it's not.