Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Impact

Weekend Prediction thread (4/28-4/30) | Play the Derby

2,863 posts in this topic

Okay the first one seem to have had something odd happen so here is the new one

3 people like this

Openers only: The Equalizer 34.9 million The Boxtrolls 13.0 million

Equalizer: 40MTrolls: 10M

1 person likes this

Equalizer is way overpredicted, I could see it happen but 40m doesn't seem likely at all. I see it opening on par with 2 Guns

Equalizer is way overpredicted, I could see it happen but 40m doesn't seem likely at all. I see it opening on par with 2 Guns

that could happen but should also make it close to at least north of 30 million opening weekend

that could happen but should also make it close to at least north of 30 million opening weekend

I can see north of 30, I'm personally thinking around 27ish

I can see north of 30, I'm personally thinking around 27ish

then possibly make more than 2 Guns domestic total

1.) The Equalizer - $38M 2.) The Boxtrolls - $16M 3.) The Maze Runner - $15M 4.) This is Where I Leave You - $6.9M 5.) Dolphin Tale 2 - $6.3M 6.) A Walk Among the Tombstones - $6.2M 7.) No Good Deeds - $5.8M 8.) Guardians of the Galaxy - $3.6M 9.) Lets Be Cops - $1.5M 10.) Ninja Turtles - $1.4M $100.7M for the Top 10.

I will be very surprised if Boxtrolls opens to more than ParaNorman. It looks so dull and way less appealing than that. 

The Boxtrolls  -  13m

The Equalizer  -  37m

The Maze Runner  -55%

The Equalizer's budget is 50 mil $ (smaller than safe house's 85 mil or unstoppable's 100 mil)

it's gonna be an easy task for it to turn a profit

Edited by Johnny Wiseau

$30m+ is the ballpark but I would not be surprised if it does over $40m. There's a lot of good buzz about the film and that may translate into big box office.

I call it LameTrolls :P

1 person likes this

And you know I kind of want to see "Alexander and the...."

I actually can see that having a nice opening next month.

1 person likes this

The only movies I'm looking forward to next month are Gine Girl, Dracula Untold, and Fury. A few of my friends want to see Annabelle, but I have literally zero interest in seeing that.

$30m+ is the ballpark but I would not be surprised if it does over $40m. There's a lot of good buzz about the film and that may translate into big box office.

a debut around Safe House would be nice but close to or over 2 Guns would be alright

Equalizer:28 mil (I don't believe in it as many of you do) Boxtrolls:17 mil

dont worry pajiba doesn't either just look up biggest box office bombs of 2014 and that was predicted to be one of them