Fullbuster

Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 on September 24 : Will Grand Admiral Thrawn destroy them all??

I thed first episode and that it was more of the original trilogy with the vehicles, music and such.

It looks to be a good series based on the pilot

Some people having watched the following episodes say what will follow is even better :)

Star Wars Rebels: New Disney series launches to fantastic numbers

Last week brought the arrival of the newest chapter in the Star Wars story with Star Wars Rebels, and it seems that audiences worldwide have embraced the characters and story already, pulling in massive numbers for the premier episode.

Launching on the Disney Channel and Disney XD, the opening two-parter Spark of Rebellion pulled in 6.5 million viewers worldwide.

Impressively, the episode pitched 52% higher than Disney Channel’s year-to-date ratings average in that timeslot, marking an impressive (most impressive) start for the new show, which is set to not only bring a swathe of new characters to small screens every week but introduce familiar and classic characters to a young audience.

And, while the figures don’t reflect this, the show is also aiming its blasters on both a male and female audience. While the figures identify only ‘boy’ viewers, the show – which features Vanessa Marshall as Hera and Tiya Sircar as Sabine – is seeking to attract a young and enthusiastic female audience, adding even more layers to the multi generational Star Wars family.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/07/star-wars-rebels-new-disney-series-launches-to-fantastic-numbers-4896579/

Heads up. The first episode is up on the itunes store for free. This is not the Spark of Rebellion movie which aired Friday, but the episode that airs in a week from now.

It's a weird and complicated way to broadcast it.

But I can't wait for the next episodes :D

Is this program similar to Star Wars: The Clone Wars?

No. It feels different. Most of the creative team is the same, but the show is less violent and feels more like the OT rather than the prequels. Overall, I feel it is an improvement, but I do miss the really dark Clone Wars episodes.